Premed 101 Forums

Shad Dal 2004!

Guest Spencer

Guest Spencer

Wheeeeee!

Hi Everyone,

Received mail from Shad Valley a few days ago notifying me that I've been selected to attend Shad Valley at my first choice campus...Dalhousie :D . Good choice? Thought I could take everyone's mind off the apprehensive wait for med school acceptances to roll around by answering my lengthy list of questions in GREAT DETAIL!. I will be spending July 4th-30th in Halifax! Anything you could help me clear up would be GREATLY appreciated!

Errr, first off, anyone know of cheap airfare between Toronto and Halifax, the lowest I've seen is $56 for a one-way trip...and I'm not even sure if they're just trying to scam novice travelers such as myself. The trick is that I must land in Halifax between 11:00 and 16:00 AST on July 4th. I'm also looking into Via Rail, anyone ever taken it to Halifax? I can't seem to figure out their website and their +1 day thing...

All 50 Shads will be dwelling at Howe Hall Residence for the duration of the program...any comments? Anything I should beware of or lookout for? What are the rooms like? How's the food? And...most importantly...do we get instant messenger access at the Howe Hall Computer Labs?...Would I be asking for too much if I wanted a room with an ocean view? :P

How's the July weather like in Halifax? Please don't tell me it will rain a lot :x .

And finally...a rather awkward question I'd rather NOT ask my Program Director...Is there REALLY a McLobster from McDonalds?! Or are you Haligonians just trying to trick us Central/West Canadians :P .

Well...that's all for now, I'm sure as July approaches I'll have more and more questions to ask the Dal folks! Thanks for any help in advance!

Spencer

• 1 year later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118448780</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<threadtitle>Shad Dal 2004!</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>

Unknown

</username>

<title>Unknown</title>

<pagetext>(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Guest Unknown

</username>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<threadtitle>Shad Dal 2004!</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>

Unknown

</username>

<title>Unknown</title>

<pagetext>(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Archived