Premed 101 Forums

Wishlist for Med School apps . . .

Guest Nops

The board's been very quiet, with all the interviews done and everyone waiting and checking their mailboxes every week. It's almost worse than waiting for the Ontario schools, since for them you know the letters will all go out 31 May, and with Dal it could be anytime (see later thread for percentages).

You know what I'd like to see (which, since Dal still has a paper application cycle is unlikely) is an online status board. To keep anonymity, when you're invited for an interview you can be given a number to keep track of your file status, and each week, as the adcom sits, the status of those files reviewed could be updated.

Even better, the order of file review (though still random) could be determined at the start, and dates of review listed for each. That way you don't have to watch your mailbox non-stop and can look forward to a specific date when you will find out acceptance/rejection or deferral.

What d'you think?

B

• 1 year later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118448000</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>Y</thread>

<threadtitle>Job Posting</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>wannabe</username>

<dateline>1080086040</dateline>

<title>Job Posting</title>

<pagetext>Hey guys,

I wanted to tell all you local pre-meds about a medically-related job. We all know how important it is to have medically-related experience on our application so here it is.

I currently do respite work in the evenings/nights with a 13 year old special needs boy. The job consists of feeding, clothing, medicating and basically taking care of him. I go there at 6pm in the evening, he is in bed around 9pm and then I go to bed whenever I want. He gets up around 7am and I get him ready for school and then leave at 8am. He is both physically and mentally disabled. If you would like to know more about the job you can phone his mom directly at 454-7575 or you can ask me whatever questions you have.

I think they will be very grateful for more help but I do think they prefer to have females working there. The pay isn't the greatest but the experience may be.

Archived