Premed 101 Forums

Khan Academy - Enough?

PeanutButter1

Hi all, 

Sorry if this is redundant. My question is, I bought the entire EK bookset, but I'm actually finding Khan Academy more useful... to be completely honest, when I start reading large chunks of text, I start feeling sleepy, whereas watching videos is much more engaging (and less work on my part I guess). Did anyone find that Khan academy videos sufficiently cover all MCAT topics? Did anyone use Khan as their sole study resource and find that it presents enough information to learn/memorize/understand everything on the new MCAT? Of course practice exams are totally different, I will use practice exams from any possible source... my question only relates to the studying aspect. 

Thanks

Khan psych/sosc is all you need for that section

EK has barely any biochem--definitely supplement, Khan should suffice 

Khan is usually pretty helpful for physics and chem

EK is good for chem, physics, biology

Might want to supplement EK with some more acid/base chemistry review however

Using the above you should be good for content review. Use Nextstep FLs for practice, Kaplan are junk, TPR is comparable to Kaplan, EK FL exams are regarded as good, of course AAMC material should always be used.

Hope that helps.

Know AAs really well. Don't listen to that (the first edition of the EK books for the 2015 mcat was published in 2014--a year before the new mcat was even administered, their latest version of the new mcat 2015 books is pretty much identical to the first version as the second was only released in the last month or two). EK does not do much biochem if at all really.

Know AAs really well. Don't listen to that (the first edition of the EK books for the 2015 mcat was published in 2014--a year before the new mcat was even administered, their latest version of the new mcat 2015 books is pretty much identical to the first version as the second was only released in the last month or two). EK does not do much biochem if at all really.

Good point. I was shocked that the MCAT asked amino acid structures; I must've had at least 16 questions on the entire exam relating to this topic. I was fortunate to be a Biochemistry major for this section ... otherwise, I wouldn't have even thought about memorizing the structures. 

Archived