Premed 101 Forums

Any more acceptances/rejections?

Guest MDforMe

Guest MDforMe

The board seems eerily quiet. Has anyone else gotten and news regarding acceptance/rejection etc. I assume the committe continues to meet each week, but it seems like it has been a while since anyone decisions have been shared here.

Any news folks?

P.S. Is anyone else stalking the mailbox every Thursday?

Guest TheGB

The committee is still sending out letters. I received an offer last week and have accepted, so I'll see you guys in the fall. Good luck everyone!

Congrats TheGB!

As for OOP, I think they are meeting on two Mondays this month...so I wouldn't expect to hear anything until the 21st or 28th at the earliest. That's my guess at least.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mailboxstalker

This Dal section of the forum has been dead for some time now... (yes, I'm a frequent visitor) any new info?

This whole claim about an email being sent upon deferral...has anyone seen/heard any truth to that?

Guest Madz25

The wait is getting really difficult...my interview was back in January! I'm assuming they've started looking at OOP applications now since it says that notices will be sent to OOP applicants in the first week of May. I guess I'll be waiting until June to hear anything.

Guest ladywondernut

Does this mean that if a maritime applicant has not received a deferral email by now (as seems to be the case for many of those who are posting, myself included), his/her file has probably already been declined? Do all of the rejection letters go out at the end of June too? I don't understand why there seems to be so much mystery about this.

Guest Banane17

From what I understand, they send letters out following each meeting for both acceptances and rejections and send out e-mails for deferrals. So I think this means if we have not heard anything, they have simply not reviewed our files yet.

Guest Madz25

I agree with Banane17, I think if you haven't heard anything its because they haven't gotten to your file yet. Its driving me crazy though! I was on the first interview day!

I like the way the Ontario med schools do it - send out letters on May 31st. At least that way you know when to expect a letter. Saying that files will be reviewed from Feb-June doesn't really help.

Guest JewelLeigh

Dal generally seems concerned about how both their students and applicants feel about these types of things. If you feel strongly that the Ontario system of acceptances is preferable, why not write a letter and try to make a change? :)

Guest Madz25

Hmmm...maybe I should. I also wanted to add that MUN also tells you when to expect a response from the adcom...so why not Dal??? Just frustrated here and wanted to get that out!

Archived