Premed 101 Forums

What's A Competitive Cars Score?

I'm studying medicine abroad in Europe, but going to apply one last time to U of C (4th time is hopefully a charm; interviewed last cycle, rejected post-interview).

Wrote the new MCAT and got a 523 130/130/131/132.

For reference, it took me three tries on the old MCAT to go from 30 & 30 to a 34 with an 11VR. The 34 MCAT was in 2013 and I studied for 6 months, 8 hours a day.

This time, I studied for 2 weeks and said f*** it,  just went in and wrote it. (I was doing clinical work this summer, day-in-day-out, which was the smart thing to do instead of spending my summer studying MCAT and end up not getting an interview anyways). Part of me thinks that AAMC did a switcheroo.

What is a 130 CARS closest to on the old MCAT scale? I'm dumb and old.

Sorry for the ramble, I'm a bit all over the place today. Can't really process how I'm gonna stack up.

I'm studying medicine abroad in Europe, but going to apply one last time to U of C (4th time is hopefully a charm; interviewed last cycle, rejected post-interview).

Wrote the new MCAT and got a 523 130/130/131/132.

For reference, it took me three tries on the old MCAT to go from 30 & 30 to a 34 with an 11VR. The 34 MCAT was in 2013 and I studied for 6 months, 8 hours a day.

This time, I studied for 2 weeks and said f*** it,  just went in and wrote it. (I was doing clinical work this summer, day-in-day-out, which was the smart thing to do instead of spending my summer studying MCAT and end up not getting an interview anyways). Part of me thinks that AAMC did a switcheroo.

What is a 130 CARS closest to on the old MCAT scale? I'm dumb and old.

Sorry for the ramble, I'm a bit all over the place today. Can't really process how I'm gonna stack up.

130 = ~13

Archived