Guest CaesarCornelius

Guest CaesarCornelius

YAY!!

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

See you september!

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Guest stepstofollow

Thanks CC!

My husband and I are still doing the "oh my god.. are we sure...should you..d'ya think..." dance etc. etc.

Sounds nuts, but it's been a long process in making the decision to even apply and it's such a big shift for me! But I'm so happy to get the letter!:lol

My sincerest wishes for good luck to all who are waiting still. I was stunned to receive a letter so early. This was my second time applying and I was #16 on the waitlist last year, receiving that letter on July 2, so I know what a long wait it can be.

I 'm still in shock.

Guest Mimicat65

Steps - I am so happy for you!! :rollin

I followed you last year and am thrilled that you got great news so early this year. Can't wait to meet you in August. Do you have to move or are you in Hfx already?

Guest stepstofollow

Thanks Mimicat and Acropolistica,

I live in Halifax actually so fortunately no move or apartment hunting for me.

Wouldn't mind picking your brain at some point... is there anything worthwhile reviewing a bit over the summer? Even if it just something to get me into the groove of studying again...

I still can't believe a response came so early. I have to complete a couple graduate credits before then, so it'll be a busy spring -- but that's ok... :)

Guest CaesarCornelius

DO NOT STUDY IN THE SUMMER!!

Enjoy them while they last.

That is the best advice. You will be fine.

CC

Guest acropolistica

Take your time this summer to do the things you have always wanted to do. Travel. Take up different hobbies and interests. Just have fun. This will be like the last, or 2nd last, summer that your life can be completely devoid of academic responsibility(from the student side of things).

Good luck!

Guest Cowboy Mouse

congrats steps!!!!

yeah, i second the whole 'don't study' bit. now that you've heard, here comes the hard part of getting in so early. the wait will seem ENDLESS. write a book, learn to play the harp, take up gambling, or just relax with the tv, watching infomercials and the shopping channel. it's pretty amazing how the dude on the shopping channel talks nonstop about about a product, like pointing out how a sweater has a very conveniently placed hole through which to put your head.

at the very least, go out to a celebratory dinner.

CM

Guest stepstofollow

ok ok ok ok ok ok!

But I *like* reading stuff at my own leisure -- especially when it it is on my time and my terms! Don't get me wrong -- I have LOTS of fun stuff planned -- I plan to spend my summer days lounging at my cottage with hubby after I finish my final graduate credits this spring, and I'm headed to Cuba in a month -- I have a whole new garden to put in at home, several canoe trips planned and several conferences to go to.

I plan to spend the 5 months celebrating!

I have no intention of working or studying *all summer* ;)

It is just that I have been away from studies for a long time, and it will make me feel more relaxed if if I read a wee bit from time to time at MY leisure. No worries, I'll figure it out.

I'm still floating about from getting the letter!:eek

Thanks for the advice and wellwishes!

Guest stepstofollow

:) How'd you figure it out....?

I'm trying to picture you8o ??? Ok. So much for anonymity. I've been busted twice....clearly I'm not "cryptic" enough. lol

I WAS at Jibacoa last year ... during Easter trying to drown my medschool getting in anxieties in mojitos...so you very well did likely meet me there and I don't recall! What a small world!

Now I'm worried:rolleyes .....hope I didn't embarrass myself....

Weirdly,we ran in to a TON of people at that resort we knew?!? ! Former classmates of my husband's from highschool, a group of folks from his hometown, friends of mine from university, relatives, etc....

I'm headed back to sunny Cuba -- but to Varadero this year... in about a month:D Loved Jibacoa though....v. relaxing.

Guest Mimicat65

Hey,

I was one of those, not there with that crowd but weird to bump into a ton of people from my hometown - I went to school with MC your husband's brother. We were just introduced briefly - weird how both of us were drowning in medschool anxiety, but didn't know it. No one there knew that I had applied. I'm so jealous that you are heading back to the sun. I am studying for the PIM exam :rolleyes :\ - but happy to be doing that too.

Look forward to meeting you again in August.

Mimi

Guest stepstofollow

Hi Mimi.

Wow. Small world! I'm actually havin' a glass of wine right now with MC's ex-wife:eek ...

You must know my husband, too? He reoriented me to when we ran into at Jibacoa -- now all is becoming clear....

What are your initials? I think.... MW?

I'm really excited about the fall. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Congratulations on your success too -- I know you had wanted to get in so badly last fall when I lurking about on this board last year and while very envious, I was really happy for you . Nice to have made the connection though -- good to remember there are humans behind all these "handles"

hope all is well.

BTW -- did you like Jibacoa?

:D

Guest Mimicat65

Loved it and would absolutely go back there! Yes you are right about the initials (maiden name though).

Hope you have a great summer - the agony of waiting is over now, so enjoy this time. ;)

Mimi

Archived