Premed 101 Forums

What Do They Mean By Impact?

"For each experience or activity, the applicant must identify a title (e.g. “Graduate School Research”, “Working at McDonald’s”, “Competitive Hockey”, etc.) as well as a more detailed description of the activity and a statement regarding the impact that the experience has had upon them."

So we only include the impact the activity had on our lives/personality/growth right? not OUR impact on OTHERS? Is this correct? 

also is it okay If i begin with a statement of how I was before the experience and how the experience changed me? Like I lacked or could have had better this and that and this experience improved on that significantly because of this and that. etc. Literally every one of my experiences begins with something I could've been better in and the rest is how the experience had a positive impact that alleviated these problems. 

I included both and I got a really high pre-interview score. (Before they decided not to tell accepted applicants their scores, haha). Of course, I say this not to brag but to point out that I did it and it worked. I wasn't super obvious about it though. I just thought it flowed that way.

Archived