Premed 101 Forums

2016 Mcat Score Release Dates

tavenan

Hello folks,

As you know the 2016 MCAT schedule has been released. I have a question regarding MCAT rewriting policies which I couldn't find anywhere.

If one were to write the August 5th MCAT, and immidiately signup for the September 10th MCAT afterwards, they would recieve their august MCAT result in september 7th. As you know this is too late to cancel the september 10th date, so if I were to go to the MCAT building in september 10th having already recieved a good score in august, and void the test before even writing it, would that count as my last attempted MCAT write?

For example, Western says that they will look at your most recent MCAT score. If I write the august MCAT and turn out to be satisfied with my score, and voided the September MCAT that I had previously signed up for, will the august MCAT score still be eligible for Western and other medical schools?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but you can't attempt the MCAT more than once in a period of 3 months. So if you take the MCAT in Aug 2016, you won't be able to rewrite until 3 months after that...

That's not true. I wrote the 2015 MCAT twice in that time span. 

Archived