Premed 101 Forums

Urgent Question Regarding Verifiers

"For each of the top 10

experiences relating to employment, education or volunteering, applicants must identify a verifier who 

is able to attest to the nature of the experience as well as the duration. This verifier must have an email 

address at the organization/institution; personal emails are not acceptable."

I'm very confused. Can someone clear this up for me with regards to my badminton example? 

"For each of the top 10

experiences relating to employment, education or volunteering, applicants must identify a verifier who 

is able to attest to the nature of the experience as well as the duration. This verifier must have an email 

address at the organization/institution; personal emails are not acceptable."

I'm very confused. Can someone clear this up for me with regards to my badminton example? 

"This verifier must have an email address at the organization/institution" seems pretty clear to me. (Not the indefinite "an organization/institution," but "the organization/institution". Just put your own contact info down and they'll bug you if they need to.They said they won't dq anyone for unverifiable activities without contacting them first.

"This verifier must have an email address at the organization/institution" seems pretty clear to me. (Not the indefinite "an organization/institution," but "the organization/institution". Just put your own contact info down and they'll bug you if they need to.They said they won't dq anyone for unverifiable activities without contacting them first.

I have a situation where a verifier is no longer with the organization we were both part of. I am planning on just listing their personal email. 

I sent an email to Calgary a few seconds ago about this. Hopefully I'll have a definitive answer tomorrow.

I have a situation where a verifier is no longer with the organization we were both part of. I am planning on just listing their personal email. 

I sent an email to Calgary a few seconds ago about this. Hopefully I'll have a definitive answer tomorrow.

Can you post what they their preference is once they have responded? I'm in a similar situation with a few of my top 10s and was just gonna end up putting myself down for them. I don't wanna swamp them with another email, as I'm sure they are really busy right now...

On my own application, I used professional/organization e-mail addresses wherever possible (even if they were no longer associated with the organization I was involved with). People move on and that's understood. In other instances I used my own e-mail address when there was no longer a contact available to verify the experience.

The point is to do what you can to show you are not being fraudulent in your application.

Archived