Premed 101 Forums

Canadian Dat Cube Counting

Hello everyone,

For the cube counting section, I've done CDP and I've done Bootcamp. On CDP, some of the tests have 15 diff figures, whereas on DAT Bootcamp there are always 5 figures and 3 questions per figure. If you have written the Canadian DAT, do you remember if it was like the former or the latter? Thanks.

PS: the reason I'm asking is because I want to know if using the 2x6 chart and doing a tally of no. cubes vs. no. sides painted is a viable strategy. For the former it is not; for the latter it is.

Hello everyone,

For the cube counting section, I've done CDP and I've done Bootcamp. On CDP, some of the tests have 15 diff figures, whereas on DAT Bootcamp there are always 5 figures and 3 questions per figure. If you have written the Canadian DAT, do you remember if it was like the former or the latter? Thanks.

PS: the reason I'm asking is because I want to know if using the 2x6 chart and doing a tally of no. cubes vs. no. sides painted is a viable strategy. For the former it is not; for the latter it is.

From what I remember, there are usually 2 to 7 questions per figure on the Canadian DAT. 

Using the 2x6 chart and tallying the number of cubes is a popular method used on the American DAT but if it works for you then by all means use it. I usually just wrote the number of faces on the cubes directly and counted only the numbers the question asked for (saved a lot of time). I hope that helps, good luck!

Archived