Premed 101 Forums

Exam Related Questions

1. Does anyone give any indication of the time left in each section (maybe someone tells you that half the time has elapsed, maybe a clock on the wall or a big timer showing how much time is left?)  
2. For MDT do you get time to plan out your carving (I heard you get 5 minutes before you carve but cda doesn't seem to have info on that).  
3. If my check-in time is at 7:30 (and I'm doing carving), does that mean I arrive at the testing center at 7:30 or do I arrive like 30 minutes earlier?  
4. Do you get scrap paper for stuff like gchem? 

5. Can you bring your own tissues? I think I would want to clean up my carving by wiping it.  
6. If you break your soap during carving can you ask for another one?

7. Can you ask for another soap BEFORE you carve if you feel there's something wrong with the one you received?

1. They should have a clock

2/7. There is 5 minutes before carving starts to visualize and understand the dimensions. If you have a damaged soap, you are allowed to request another one. 

3. If check in time is 7:30, that's check-in. I'd arrive at least 15 minutes before then, and give yourself 15 minutes in case of traffic (ie. leave 30 minutes earlier)

4. I've been told you only have margins for calculations, no extra scrap paper. Not positive though. 

5. Can't bring any tissues. You're not allowed to 'wipe' your carving at all, that could get you removed for 'cheating'. 

6. If you break the soap - that's it, no do-overs

1. Does anyone give any indication of the time left in each section (maybe someone tells you that half the time has elapsed, maybe a clock on the wall or a big timer showing how much time is left?)  
2. For MDT do you get time to plan out your carving (I heard you get 5 minutes before you carve but cda doesn't seem to have info on that).  
3. If my check-in time is at 7:30 (and I'm doing carving), does that mean I arrive at the testing center at 7:30 or do I arrive like 30 minutes earlier?  
4. Do you get scrap paper for stuff like gchem? 

5. Can you bring your own tissues? I think I would want to clean up my carving by wiping it.  
6. If you break your soap during carving can you ask for another one?

7. Can you ask for another soap BEFORE you carve if you feel there's something wrong with the one you received?

1. They should have a clock

2/7. There is 5 minutes before carving starts to visualize and understand the dimensions. If you have a damaged soap, you are allowed to request another one. 

3. If check in time is 7:30, that's check-in. I'd arrive at least 15 minutes before then, and give yourself 15 minutes in case of traffic (ie. leave 30 minutes earlier)

4. I've been told you only have margins for calculations, no extra scrap paper. Not positive though. 

5. Can't bring any tissues. You're not allowed to 'wipe' your carving at all, that could get you removed for 'cheating'. 

6. If you break the soap - that's it, no do-overs

^ this is all correct!

There is no scrap paper. Whatever calculations you do you have to do it on the test paper. Same for the PAT.

awesome, just a few last questions. During the 5 minute prep period for MDT am I allowed to do things like peel the back off the ruler? Also do you get time before PAT to do things like draw grids for hole punching?

MDT: yes! I believe I was looking at the diagram as I was peeling the ruler, so that would be during this 5 mins before you begin carving.

PAT: no. When you take your sit I believe the booklet is either closed or on the first page of the PAT section (no questions are showing) and then the test begins. So no, there's no "5 minutes before the PAT" as there is with the MDT.

Hope that helps!

First time writing?

MDT: yes! I believe I was looking at the diagram as I was peeling the ruler, so that would be during this 5 mins before you begin carving.

PAT: no. When you take your sit I believe the booklet is either closed or on the first page of the PAT section (no questions are showing) and then the test begins. So no, there's no "5 minutes before the PAT" as there is with the MDT.

Hope that helps!

First time writing?

yup first time :) and hopefully the last. I know I said last question but I've just got one more: When you do your sections can you take off your wristwatch and place it on the table? Cause for like MDT the watch gets in the way a little bit.

Archived