Premed 101 Forums

Seat Increase

Guest waitinginhali

Guest CaesarCornelius

No idea, but dalmedix still says that there are 100 people in the 2007 class.

I also found out that you can access the med2006 orientation week schedule under curriculum - 2006 - week of aug 26th.

Looks like its fairly packed and there is an intro to human anatomy AND we start the first case study! What a week!

Can any of the other mods shed some light on the buddy dinner? Do you go as a group?

CC

Guest PEIkid

Hello hello! I was talking to one of my friends who is in his 3rd year at Dal med and he was telling me how we were gonna have a really big class compared to normal because of the additional 8 seats and also because there was a rare large amount of deferals from last year. So those extra 10 seats is probably the deferels. Dont quote me on that, I'm just going by what he told me. Have a good day!

JB

Hi guys--

Although I don't know if the increase is 8 or 18, if you look at the Med 2 and Med 3 lists, they also have about 100 members listed even though in both cases there under 100 people in the class (I think!). Maybe it's possible that there are also faculty members or administrators (or whatever) on the 2007 list that are bringing the numbers up? This is just a guess.

Looking forward to meeting all of you soon!

Guest arcticaguy

I believe there are a few international students (from Malaysia, but not too sure about that) that join the class for the clerkship portion of our training.

As to O-Week, it is packed, but not as much as it seems. You get a lot of orientation type sessions that are laid back for the most part. You get an intro session to tutorials-by all means grill your tutor for advice on books,other resources, even re. upcoming courses. the breakfast olympics are a great time usually. While you do start the real work on Friday, the rest of the week is about feeding, dining and orientating yourself to dal med. Not a rough week overall.

My advice would be to get any apartment stuff/loan issues/CPR certs out of the way before hand. It'll make things run even smoother.

Archived