Premed 101 Forums

Course Description Upload For Queens Pt

Did anyone else notice this requirement for Queens PT? I am working on getting these sent in right now via SAM:

In addition, if you apply to Queen’s University, you
are required to upload to ORPAS: detailed course
descriptions, from the university calendar, for
each course you propose will fulfill an academic
prerequisite. Course descriptions from the university
calendar must clearly demonstrate all required
content. If a course description does not reflect the
full content of the course and prerequisite criteria,
you must provide the course outline/syllabus as
well. Please copy and paste the official course
descriptions and a PDF copy of the course outline/
syllabus, if required, and upload it to ORPAS. Include
your full name and ORPAS identification number on
the paperwork.

They required a link to the course outline but queens requires you to send the course description /outline in pdf format to ORPAS. It is in the instruction booklet. If you feel you have everything you need, you can ignore it. I was just bringing your attention to it. 

They required a link to the course outline but queens requires you to send the course description /outline in pdf format to ORPAS. It is in the instruction booklet. If you feel you have everything you need, you can ignore it. I was just bringing your attention to it. 

That's kinda where I'm confused though. How do we know if the link we sent initially on the application is enough? And this applies to Toronto PT as well I'm pretty sure.

That's kinda where I'm confused though. How do we know if the link we sent initially on the application is enough? And this applies to Toronto PT as well I'm pretty sure.

I was worried about this too. I have uploaded all of the outlines (had to dig for a lot of them online) for my courses through SAM just in case, because the university calendar doesn't have very detailed descriptions of my courses at all. Most of the descriptions are two sentences long.

I was worried about this too. I have uploaded all of the outlines (had to dig for a lot of them online) for my courses through SAM just in case, because the university calendar doesn't have very detailed descriptions of my courses at all. Most of the descriptions are two sentences long.

i uploaded it online as well. I think anyone who applied to Queens should send it as a precautionary measure. If they have too many applications, they can start weeding out those that did not follow all the instructions to make their jobs easier My school calendar did not even have course descriptions. I just uploaded the syllabus which I had to find online as well. Some were near impossible to find. Good luck to us all.

Go back and read the application instructions for Queens. They ask for this in addition to the link. For Toronto, they only ask for it if you feel your link does not provide enough information

Anybody else have trouble finding the syllabi for your prerequisites from previous years? My school seems to only have this years course outlines online in pdf. Can't find any trace of previous years. Wondering if anyone else had this problem and what they did about it. Thanks!

I would send an email to ptinfo@queensu.ca w. the course information you have provided them w. on your application. I was planning on submitting additional info. regarding my pre-requisites b/c I didn't think they were detailed enough but the school said they were fine. So I would suggest you email them first, if they want you to send more detailed course outlines, you can do so through SAM.

Archived