Premed 101 Forums

What are my chances? 3.35 cumulative GPA.

Guest suicidewings

Guest suicidewings

Stats:

Yr1: 3.16

Then Professional school (I know..how did i ever get in):

Yr1 3.57

Yr2 3.56

Yr3 3.09 (I got raped by the heavy courseload..8 credits)

Yr4 N/A

Cumulative: 3.35ish

MCAT: 31N (most likely doing again...the kaplan [i.e. expensive] way!)

EC: decent

American schools are not likely an option considering it's too expensive and i want to remain in the great white north.

My question is do i have any chance of getting into meds in Canada? Be honest.

The thing is, I wanted to be an MD ever since i was a kid but i guess things always came too easily to me and i subsequently became complacent about my studies. I know that's a poor quality to have as an MD hopeful now. Curse you Hindsight!

So since my previous question is rhetorical (duh, suicidewings!), what should i do next?

masters? work for a bit and get my MBA? do an extra yr of undergrad? continue along my prof.degree (for like..3 more yrs)? Commit seppuku to preserve my honour (kiddin')?

I need to get into meds...it shall define my very existence. Extreme i know, but I do everything...TO THE MAX!...except studying that is...:\

Guest daryn

I have the exact MCAT score.

Anyway, what school did you get into after first year?

Honestly speaking, 3.35 isn't a very realistic GPA. Even with some schools that take only your best two years, you still won't meet the cut offs. Which province do you live in? Maybe you'll get a decent chance as an IP.

Guest The Law

I'm not 100% sure, but I've read a few EZboard posters who had similar GPA and did grad work after and managed to get in.

you could bust your bottom for a >3.7 next year, and stick around in UG for one more year (for another >3.7), then apply to Western.

They'll ignore your other years.

Archived