Premed 101 Forums

Just A Quick Question About Relative Scores For U Of T

So just hypothetically, if one person has 3.96GPA/20AA/19PAT and another person has 3.93GPA/23AA/22PAT, which person has a higher overall score?

I just wanted to know how big a difference that 0.03GPA makes in relative comparison to the DAT score difference shown above. I just feel like a 0.03GPA difference is not even a big deal whereas a 2-3-point difference in DAT makes a HUGE difference because the percentile changes vastly. But then, it may not be a huge difference if we consider that the DAT is only worth 10% while the GPA is worth 60%. Is this just a cognitive illusion?

So just hypothetically, if one person has 3.96GPA/20AA/19PAT and another person has 3.93GPA/23AA/22PAT, which person has a higher overall score?

I just wanted to know how big a difference that 0.03GPA makes in relative comparison to the DAT score difference shown above. I just feel like a 0.03GPA difference is not even a big deal whereas a 2-3-point difference in DAT makes a HUGE difference because the percentile changes vastly. But then, it may not be a huge difference if we consider that the DAT is only worth 10% while the GPA is worth 60%. Is this just a cognitive illusion?

Dude, it's time to log off premed101 lol. 

(That goes for me too).

Archived