Premed 101 Forums

How Does U Of T Waitlist Move After Seat Increase?

I don't know the exact amts. These are the stats I've keepen record (according to their website). 

2014 stats  

Offers given out            122

Entrance class              96

mean acceptance gpa 3.86

2015 stats  

Offers given out            139

Entrance class               96

mean acceptance gpa 3.9

I don't know the exact amts. These are the stats I've keepen record (according to their website). 

2014 stats  

Offers given out            122

Entrance class              96

mean acceptance gpa 3.86

2015 stats  

Offers given out            139

Entrance class               96

mean acceptance gpa 3.9

Wow, that's a huge difference. What happened last year?

So this year would be around 35?

I don't understand what "offers given out" means...is that the number of people who were accepted or does that include the waitlist people too?

(because each year exactly 96 seats are filled)

Total offers (acceptance) given out - Total number of people who rejected the offer = Total number of enrollment (96)

So the total enrollment would be capped at 96 and whoever rejects their offer will be replaced with people from waitlist. This means total number of people rejecting their offer = total number of people who got accepted from waitlist.

Total offers (acceptance) given out - Total number of people who rejected the offer = Total number of enrollment (96)

So the total enrollment would be capped at 96 and whoever rejects their offer will be replaced with people from waitlist. This means total number of people rejecting their offer = total number of people who got accepted from waitlist.

Thanks so much for the clarification!! so then if everybody accepts, there could be 139 people in the class?

Thanks so much for the clarification!! so then if everybody accepts, there could be 139 people in the class?

Nope. The class size is capped at 96, waitlist offers are sent out as people reject their offers. 139 offers are not all sent out at the same time. For example, one rejection of offer would decrease the class size down to 95, so one waitlist offer is sent out to compensate for that.

Archived