Premed 101 Forums

Scoop on Class 2007 Interviews!!!

Guest MD2006

Hey all, I got some info today on the interviews for next years class:

1) MARITIME APPLICANTS:

- Interviews will be occuring every Friday and Saturday from this weekend until the 15th of February (four weekends all together). I don't know if they've contacted everyone yet (I don't think they have, I know last year they only gave a week or two notice).

- there are approximatley 230 people being interviewed for the 74 maritime seats (so about 1/3 interviewed will get accepted).

- there will be two tour/slideshow presentations a day, one between 12:15-1:00 and the other 4:15-5:00 given by 1st and 2nd year students

- first and second year students will be in the waiting rooms before and after your interviews to answer any questions

- if any students around this Saturday are interested, "Euphoria" is happening at 7:00pm at the Cohn Auditorium. It's a battle of the 4 Med classes, each class does a half hour variety show/skit, it's a really great time but viewer discretion is advised ;) ! Money from tickets goes to charity, contact the Cohn box office.

2) NON-MARITIME APPLICANTS

- apparently there was a HUGE number of OOP applicants this year, close to 200! Interviews are given to around 40 students for the 8 OOP spots (1/5).

- one weekend is scheduled so far, March 7th and 8th, all the activities listed for the maritimers are also included

- I don't think anyone has been contacted about their interviews yet.

As far as I know, all of the interviews are at the IWK, there will be signs posted about when and were to go for the tours/slideshows, the meeting place will probably be in foyer (The Link) of the med school which is just across the street.

Good Luck!

Guest arcticaguy

just to add to that-if you have any questions re. the school, directions, etc. please don't hesitate to ask the first and second year med students who'll be with you in the 'waiting area'. No matter how relevant you think it might be. I enjoyed talking to the students who were there then-it made the time pass by more quickly :)

Good luck to all.

Archived