Premed 101 Forums

just curious about tuition and stuff...

Guest monkey

Guest monkey

what is the tuition and living expense like for Dalhousie/Halifax? i'm just curious and am not having much luck with the navigation of the uni's website

Guest MD2006

I have to agree that the website is a little hard to navigate, sometimes you have to really search to find what you're looking for.

The tuition information is actually contained in the Law/Med/Dent Calander (here's the link):

www.registrar.dal.ca/cale...prfees.htm

For 2001-2002, the tuition was $8150/yr. The tuition fees for 2002-2003 haven't been approved yet, but I can't imagine that it would go above $9000/yr (fingers crossed!)

As for living expenses, Halifax is cheaper than other major cites (ie. TO, Ottawa, Vancouver....). I am going to be living in an apartment building 5 minutes from the med school and will be paying $525/month (share 2 bedroom), this includes heat/HW/electric. The school is right in the heart of the city though, so the further away you live the cheaper it will be. Most of the housing around the school is occupied by students from SMU or Dal (they are down the street from each other), but if you have a car and don't mind commuting, there are beautiful new bulidings in subdivisions which are a 15-20 minute drive away for half the price you would pay in the city (ie. Clayton Park, around Mount Saint Vincent University), well maybe not half.....but I know several people who have two bedrooms for ~ $650 TOTAL ($325 each).

Anything else, just let me know!!

Archived