Premed 101 Forums

Incomplete Degree

I have a question regarding my situation that I couldn't find anywhere else so I was wondering if any of you guys can help me. 

I have applied to McGill DMD program and at the same time because I wasn't sure if I can get in or not, I considered my second option which was starting PhD in engineering at UofT. I just got a call two days ago that I was accepted to DMD program so I want to know if I quit my PhD, that will cause any problem in my DMD acceptance? Have any of you had the same situation? 

Thanks

Once you get accepted without condition, they can't change their minds. Unless there was a condition (such as completing your PhD before the start of the program) then there should be no problem. 

there is a general condition in admission letter which is for everyone and it says if you are currently enroll in any graduate level you should finish before starting your DMD. In my case my PhD wasn't helpful for my application because at the time that I applied for DMD, I didn't mention it. 

there is a general condition in admission letter which is for everyone and it says if you are currently enroll in any graduate level you should finish before starting your DMD. In my case my PhD wasn't helpful for my application because at the time that I applied for DMD, I didn't mention it. 

If you didn't mention it, and they don't know about it, there shouldn't be a problem. But why not just finish it? How long will it take? 

I am in the first year and there is no way finish a PhD in less than 4 years!

Oh I thought maybe you were in you 4th year...definitely quit it..there's no point in wasting 3 more years of your life when you're already accepted. And there's no way you can do DMD and PhD together 

Archived