Premed 101 Forums

Hello Folks, I wanted to ask a few of you to guide me in my attempt to get into UofT Dentistry Program (Cant apply to Western because my best 2 years are not full course loads)

so this is my stat:

Before reading about my stats, I want to share that I started to like dentistry in my fourth year and I just finished the rest of the required  courses chem/biochem as a visiting student at York

Bachelor of Kinesiology Summa Cum Laude 3.70  ( I know UofT removes worst year so my GPA would be around 3.83-3.86)

Have to do DAT soon

so here is my question..

I know I need a Masters Degree!!! I also know that nothing is set in stone and chances of acceptance depends on many factors, like applicant pool for that year and so forth, so I have applied to PHYSICAL THERAPY (UofT, Mac, and Queens) as well as UofT Publich Health. got interviews at UofT and Mac and awaiting decisions for Queens and MPH. what do you think of my chances for dentistry after PT/MPH...do you think I could have gone with easier Master Program (btw I chose these two as a back up for a career too) ...any light at the end of the tunnel?

Hello Folks, I wanted to ask a few of you to guide me in my attempt to get into UofT Dentistry Program (Cant apply to Western because my best 2 years are not full course loads)

so this is my stat:

Before reading about my stats, I want to share that I started to like dentistry in my fourth year and I just finished the rest of the required  courses chem/biochem as a visiting student at York

Bachelor of Kinesiology Summa Cum Laude 3.70  ( I know UofT removes worst year so my GPA would be around 3.83-3.86)

Have to do DAT soon

so here is my question..

I know I need a Masters Degree!!! I also know that nothing is set in stone and chances of acceptance depends on many factors, like applicant pool for that year and so forth, so I have applied to PHYSICAL THERAPY (UofT, Mac, and Queens) as well as UofT Publich Health. got interviews at UofT and Mac and awaiting decisions for Queens and MPH. what do you think of my chances for dentistry after PT/MPH...do you think I could have gone with easier Master Program (btw I chose these two as a back up for a career too) ...any light at the end of the tunnel?

I would do a course-based Master's, as UofT includes graduate courses in their calculation of your GPA. With a 4.0 on a bunch of graduate courses, your GPA will shoot up and your chances of being admitted to UofT will increase. However, I definitely think it's a good idea to pursue a program which offers a decent backup plan, so I guess it depends on how intent you are to pursue dentistry no matter what.

thanks ancientDentist, I was looking at UofT Physical therapy curriculum, only 4 or 5 courses are graded, rest is Pass/Fail!!!.  whereas MPH is all course based, I guess I will wait and see to which programs I get admitted and then think of PT or MPH...but love to do PT then DDS 

Archived