Premed 101 Forums

Mcmaster Application Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering where I could go to find all of the key dates that are required for McMaster applications for Fall 2017 entry. On Mac's website, it directs you to the OMSAS booklet. But the OMSAS booklet has information from the current cycle (2015-2016). Do we have to wait for the current cycle to be over for an OMSAS booklet?

Also, is it reliable to plan an application for the next round based on the dates from the current round? If for the current round, the deadline to submit MCAT scores was Nov. 1, 2015, is it safe to assume that it will be Nov. 1 again this year?

I am trying to build a timeline/plan based around the next admission cycle and I greatly appreciate all of your insight and expertise!

Thank you,

medway12

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering where I could go to find all of the key dates that are required for McMaster applications for Fall 2017 entry. On Mac's website, it directs you to the OMSAS booklet. But the OMSAS booklet has information from the current cycle (2015-2016). Do we have to wait for the current cycle to be over for an OMSAS booklet?

Also, is it reliable to plan an application for the next round based on the dates from the current round? If for the current round, the deadline to submit MCAT scores was Nov. 1, 2015, is it safe to assume that it will be Nov. 1 again this year?

I am trying to build a timeline/plan based around the next admission cycle and I greatly appreciate all of your insight and expertise!

Thank you,

medway12

Yeah the deadlines for applications tend to stay relatively the same. Also they will release the updated OMSAS sometime close to July. If I remember correctly the applications open up in July so you'll have all of the dates by then. 

Yea the deadline for your whole application is usually Oct 1 and MCAT scores should be in by Nov 1. U of T last cycle changed their rules so that MCAT scores had to be in by Oct 1 (instead of Nov 1 as it was the year before) but they gave a bit of notice to this earlier in the year when they made their admission podcast/video. Any of these dates can be changed but it is unlikely they will do so without any notice.

But for 100% confidence you can always e-mail them and ask.

Archived