Premed 101 Forums

Denturist Salary

I don't think that an "average" salary is very indicative of what most denturists actually make. Much like general dentistry it's highly dependent on where you work, employment status (full/part time, self employed or not, etc) and a bunch of factors, but in general I think that most denturist make more then hygienists but less then dentists and if i were to estimate id say say somewhere between 65-80k

I don't think that an "average" salary is very indicative of what most denturists actually make. Much like general dentistry it's highly dependent on where you work, employment status (full/part time, self employed or not, etc) and a bunch of factors, but in general I think that most denturist make more then hygienists but less then dentists and if i were to estimate id say say somewhere between 65-80k

That seems kinda high considering it's a 3 year degree after high school. 

^have you ever tried making a denture? lol

Trust me when I tell you that I will refer all my patients to a denturist when I graduate.

That's kind of a sad thing to say.  A better approach would be to say "When I graduate I will master the art of making a good denture so as to provide a service to my patients while building my practice and making money".

Sometimes denture cases suck but removable prostho is among my best revenue-to-chairtime procedures.  And that includes follow-up appointments.

I'm sure it's profitable, but I know what I would like to do when I have my own practice (regardless of profitability) and dentures (especially complete dentures) aren't in that list. My original comment was justifying a denturist salary which a user thought was too high for "a 3 year degree after high school"

It depends on if they own the lab that they work and how many people work under them

or if they are just employed, so what type of work they are doing most of the time and the reputation of the lab. 

but generally around 50-60k i believe is their salary. 

I'm sure it's profitable, but I know what I would like to do when I have my own practice (regardless of profitability) and dentures (especially complete dentures) aren't in that list. My original comment was justifying a denturist salary which a user thought was too high for "a 3 year degree after high school"

actually most people can tolerate full maxillary upper dentures

it's the full lower that's hard for patients to tolerate cause of combination syndrome, especially if they didn't have teeth for a long time (that flabby ridge doe)

Archived