Premed 101 Forums

Should I Apply?

Im on my last semester with bachelor of chemistry, sGPA: 3.52 and overall is 3.42

DAT: 22AA, 24TS, 20PAT, 19RC

applied to US schools and got one interview so far. I know I have no chance for UBC and they accept average of 86%, but i heard its a range, like goes from 3.4-4.3!!

Does anyone think I should apply?

I don't know how UBC admissions work either, but I really don't understand why some people decide not to apply if their stats are okay... It's not that costly and you really never know (unless you have extremely low stats). It's worth the investment, or else you might think "what if" in 10 yrs.

Im on my last semester with bachelor of chemistry, sGPA: 3.52 and overall is 3.42

DAT: 22AA, 24TS, 20PAT, 19RC

applied to US schools and got one interview so far. I know I have no chance for UBC and they accept average of 86%, but i heard its a range, like goes from 3.4-4.3!!

Does anyone think I should apply?

I would apply broadly in the US, but iut of curiosity where did you get an interview?

Btw killer DAT scores!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

one option is to get into a US school and then apply broadly to transfer back for second year. you might get into UBC that way, or maybe a diff canadian school. beats paying double tuition in USD.

I didn't know UBC accepted transfer students in dental school?!!

I was actually talking to a dentist graduated from ubc, she said she also has 500k debt. so i thought debt would be the same, why not have experience of living somewhere else?!!

anyone else applying this year? what are you guys' GPA range and DAT?

I didn't know UBC accepted transfer students in dental school?!!

I was actually talking to a dentist graduated from ubc, she said she also has 500k debt. so i thought debt would be the same, why not have experience of living somewhere else?!!

anyone else applying this year? what are you guys' GPA range and DAT?

How did she end up with 500k debt? I don't think the bank even gives you that much line of credit even if you are a domestic student.

How did she end up with 500k debt? I don't think the bank even gives you that much line of credit even if you are a domestic student.

im not sure, maybe she was including her living expenses as well. 

i think royal bank gives ~360k then when u run out they keep adding more. 

Archived