Premed 101 Forums

Hey guys!

I'm planning on applying for OT and I'm just trying to get a gauge on how competitive I would because all the websites for Ontario schools say different things. If I calculated my sGPA right it stands at a 3.66 and my cumulative is at a 3.6. From what I can tell from Queen's website, my cumulative GPA is pretty competitive, but do they not account for sGPA at all? My actual OT experience is pretty limited by I have worked with children who have disabilities a lot over the last 5 years and some of them more long term. Otherwise I have some basic research from volunteering in a lab and I'm also TA a course right now. 

I'm not only looking at Queen's though, so any other information you can give me would be great! The application is just really expensive and I don't want to set my self up for a school I really stand no chance for. 

When I was doing my research last year I think I remember that Queen's only looks at cGPA and not sGPA. Whereas UofT, Western, and Mac only looks at sGPA.

I think the only school your GPA might be on the lower side is Western. I remember their cut-off is higher than other ON schools. Last year Mac had around a  3.64 cut-off for interview invitation. And UofT was about ~3.7 cut-off, however they're known to consider applicants holistically so there are people with a lower GPA that got in with great experience.  

Best of luck!

Archived