Premed 101 Forums

Manitoba Waiting Thread

Guest deeds16

Guest 1Smiley

Hi,

My letter said there are 30 people on the in-province list. I've found out that in the past five years there have been 9 to 23 people called off the in-province list. All I know is that I'm in the first third of the list, so if I hear anything I'll let you know!

Good luck:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jeffsimz

to all those waiting, my roomate declined his offer from Manitoba today in favor of Western...he was an OOP applicant...good luck to everyone

Guest Koppertone

Well, I've been accepted to UofA so I'll be declining my Manitoba spot in the next few days so that's another OOP who can get in off of the waitlist! I was really psyched up for Manitoba too, but Alberta is just way closer to home (10hour vs. 26 hour drive)

Guest jrashad99

well, I tried to get as much info about OPP waitlis movement as I could today when I called Beth.

She has 1 person who has declined since Friday, so that could be jeffsimz roommate, and they are still waiting on Koppertone to decline.

If deeds was right, were sitting at spot 11 ( soon to be spot 12)

She has 3 firm OOP acceptances, so basically, there 5-6 people out there who need to decline if they haven't yet, or are waiting on other Universities themselves.

the wait continues,

jrashad99

Guest jrashad99

The stress is over.....

it seems the last 5 years of my life have been geared to this one thing...

and now I've been accepted to medical school.

Good luck to every one else in the waitlist, it is moving.

and See the rest of you in August.

Jrashad99>:

Guest jrashad99

uhh..I have no idea how this face appeared >: , I think I accidently clicked on it.

I'm really feeling like this :D :rollin :rollin :D :rollin

Guest deeds16

Congratulations jrashad. By any chance do you know what spot number you were at?

On friday, Beth said that they were ALMOST halfway of the OOP list.

Guest jrashad99

I wasn't told exactly where I was at...

if I had to guess, I think it was around 13-14 based on the hints Beth gave me when I called before.

Good luck

Guest ubcpharmer

hi

i got a call monday morning offering me a oop spot and i will be turning it down. hope that helps someone.

good luck to all those waiting

ps i am in vancouver

Guest dhowser

Exactly how many people are in the OOP waitlist?

Oh ya, I'm coming to manitoba in august! Who else is in with me?

see everyone then!

Guest BlackNeon

Just wanted to update any In Pronvince Waiters out there.

I was in the 'middle third' of the IP waitlist of 30 and received a call today.

The last time I heard was that the list was at 11, so it's at least at 12 by now. :)

When Ms. Jennings called me, I must have been in shock because I didn't ask her what position I was. Told her thank you many times and that she made my day.. that's all I remember :\

Anyways, good luck to all those on both waitlists, and I look forward to meeting everyone in august.

Guest Roall

Hey everyone!

Just a reminder to all of you who are patiently and tensely waiting for a spot on the waitlist. Last year they were still accepting people up to the week before Orientation in August, so don't lose faith. It can happen.

And congratulations to all of you who've gotten in so far, especially the OOP's. I think you'll all be pleasantly surprised. :D

Cheers!

Guest deeds16

Wow...its so slow. OOP waitlist has moved to spot 19 as of today. Beth told me that the waitlist is longer than 30 this year. Does anyone know how long it is this year?..I was so disappointed by the slow movement that I didn't even ask.

Archived