Premed 101 Forums

Hello! 

I am a current UBC student applying to Queen's PT and I have some questions regarding their physiology and statistics prereqs. Which courses would cover these topics? (I.e. I'm having a hard time figuring out which course has covered reproductive systems). What courses did you use to fulfill these prereqs?  

"Physiology courses must cover the principles of human physiology, including properties of the living cell and the internal environment; neural, muscular, cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, renal and endocrine systems; metabolism; reproduction; and homeostasis." 

"Statistics content must include statistical methods; probability theory; random variables; distributions; estimation; confidence intervals; elementary non‑parametric methods; exploratory data analysis and hypothesis tests for 1 or 2 groups; simple linear regression and contingency tables." 

Thanks!

Hey kin12345,

Physiology

CAPS 301 (I took this)

BIOL 153/4 (This one might meet Queen's requirements, but UBC is slowly starting to phase all first and second year courses out.)

Statistics

STAT 200 (I took this)

BIOL 300

I think there's a KIN course that covers the statistics, too. 

Just look into those and see if they meet the requirements. Also, you can always send them an email about which courses meet their prerequisites. 

Cheers

Archived