Premed 101 Forums

What Are My Chances For Western Ot

Hi guys,

this is my first time applying to occupational therapy in all Ontario Schools but I would prefer Western. My sGPA is a 3.82 and I have relevant experience with OT and PTs in hospital and rehab settings. However, in my first year I failed a chem class because of a family illness issue but I could not get that off my transcript (even though I showed evidence). 

anyways I was wondering if my gpa is strong enough and also if the F in my first year will effect OT masters decision for any of the schools.

thanks

Hi guys,

this is my first time applying to occupational therapy in all Ontario Schools but I would prefer Western. My sGPA is a 3.82 and I have relevant experience with OT and PTs in hospital and rehab settings. However, in my first year I failed a chem class because of a family illness issue but I could not get that off my transcript (even though I showed evidence). 

anyways I was wondering if my gpa is strong enough and also if the F in my first year will effect OT masters decision for any of the schools.

thanks

Your sGPA is competitive.  Western will only take into account your sGPA, the marks for your prerequisites, your references and your personal essay/work experience.  As long as you didn't put your failed chem course under the prereq section, the admissions team will probably not even notice.

Archived