Premed 101 Forums

Applying To Dentistry With Masters/phd In Progress

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if students who have only completed part of a masters (say 1/2 years of a course-based masters) can apply to Dentistry without completing the degree. I heard that for most medical schools apparently applicants must complete their graduate degree before beginning the program, but was wondering if anyone knows if this is the case for Dentistry (have been searching through school websites but have not found anything)?

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if students who have only completed part of a masters (say 1/2 years of a course-based masters) can apply to Dentistry without completing the degree. I heard that for most medical schools apparently applicants must complete their graduate degree before beginning the program, but was wondering if anyone knows if this is the case for Dentistry (have been searching through school websites but have not found anything)?

UofT:  Applicants who are currently completing a graduate program must complete all the requirements of their graduate program including thesis defence by August 15th each year

UWO: be in the final year of, or have successfully completed, a graduate degree program at a recognized university. Graduate degree candidates must complete all requirements for their graduate degree (including a successful thesis defense, if applicable) by June 30 of the year of entry. 

Basically, you have to finish the degree by a certain date before you can start the program at UofT and UWO. No deferred admission is granted.

Archived