Premed 101 Forums

APGA

Guest jeffsimz

Guest jeffsimz

I have a question about the calculation of the APGA that I am hoping someone can answer for me. What exactly is an A+, A, B+ etc. in percentages? I looked through some old threads but could not find a definitive answer, and nothing is mentioned on the Manitoba website. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff

Hi Jeffsimz,

It often depends what faculty (and sometimes course) at the University of Manitoba you are in. The most common scale is:

90-100% = A+

80-89% = A

75-79% = B+

70-74% = B

65-69% = C+

60-64% = C

50-59% = D

0-49% = F

With that being said there are other scales:

95 -100% = A+

88 - 94 % = A

81 - 87 % = B+

74 - 80 % = B

67 - 73% = C+

60 - 66 % = C

50 - 59 % = D

< 49 % = F

I have also seen other scales...:P

Hope this gives you a general idea.

Guest PerfectMoment

i think so.

it's not like the courses are really all that hard either... i'm taking first year bio, chem, physics, calc, and eng and the exams seem to be rather easy. for example, the bio exams test stuff given in lectures and assigned readings only... so you really never need to crack open a book in bio. chem? lots of it is review of gr.12 material. calc? they test the most basic of the theorems and whatnot. they don't really throw out too many curveballs on the exam. obviously i can't really compare this with other schools... but it just seems like it's alot easier to be getting a 4.5 (or 4.0 equivalent) at the uofm than it would be at other schools... especially considering the wide range in number grade to letter grade

Guest jackiedirks

Um, I think you should wait until you are out of first-year to make judgements on how difficult it is to do well. Lots of people get As in first year- wait until you get to organic chem and use that as an indicator. I didn't go to U of M for undergrad so I can't comment on how easy their first year/other courses are- but this seems like you are setting yourself up to be burned later on.

Archived