Premed 101 Forums

UofM Match Stats?

Guest brandonite

Guest brandonite

Just wondering if anybody has any idea how Manitoba did in the match... I noticed that a few other students have posted the match stats for McMaster and for Queens.

I don't want to go into family practice, so I want to make sure that a good number of Manitoba students get into good specialties...

Guest missing Manitoba

Ummmm...Brandonite....

Could we call them "competitive" specialties? I'm considering internal and happen to think that it's pretty darn "good", as is family. ;)

Guest brandonite

Yes, yes. I'm very sorry. :)

I completely didn't mean that family practice wasn't a good specialty. It's great. My grandfather was a family doctor, and he is one of my mentors.

I just want to know how Manitoba students do getting into radiology, neurology, and cardiology. Not that those specialties are in any way shape or form superior to other specialties, just that those are the ones I'm interested in.

Just been a long week, that's all. :(

Guest brandonite

Well, I have an app't with one of the profs to talk about MD/PhD this week, so I'll try to remember to ask him... If nobody else here knows.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sazzafrazz

Hi guys, I've been off line for a while. Busy doing other stuff. Regarding the match this year if you're still interested. There were 3 of our med IVs that did not match in the first round. Thats all I've heard so far.

saz

Archived