Premed 101 Forums

interview evaluations

Guest anon

I missed the UofM orientation back in Feb. I was told a couple days ago that at the orientation the admissions committee showed applicants the type of form that the interviewers fill-out during the interview. For anybody who attended the orientation session, could you perhaps shed some light on this?

Thanks.

Curious

Guest brandonite

Hi there. :)

Basically, all the interviewers evaluate you on a scale (I think it was out of 10) in a number of different categories. I think there were about 7 or 8 categories. Then, they compare the results at the end, and if they're vastly different between the interviewers, then they call you back for another interview. They did that for a friend of mine.

I don't exactly remember what the categories where. I did have them written down at one point in time.... I looked for them the other night and couldn't find them, so you're out of luck there. Basically, they were all personality traits. And, I think they were things like commitment to medicine, composure, communication skills, etc... I don't think many of them had to do with how intelligent an answer you came up with to an ethical question.

So, sorry I don't have the exact categories... But I hope this helps!!

Archived