Premed 101 Forums

UWO GPA cut-off

Guest Mazd A Mino

Guest Mazd A Mino

Hi everyone,

I've been wondering about this for a while. I tried to look for the answer on the Western website, to no avail. I'm just wondering if someone with perhaps more insider knowledge can answer my question.

I know that Western's cut-off is 3.70 for two years of undergrad. Would they consider someone who's best two years are 3.9 and 3.69??? is the 0.01 enough for a rejection if all the other requirements are met?

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

Guest therealcrackers

They will reject at 3.69 for the second-best year. The cuts are firm. Arbitrary, perhaps, but everyone knows what they are, and they don't change.

Guest purplefairy13

If you are just at the limit between, say, a 3.7 and a 4.0 for a certain course, you could always try talking to your profs about some extra credit work... Good Luck anyway!

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

Yes, the UWO cuts are firm and there are no exceptions. Since it is a computer algorithm that is used, a 3.69 doesn't equal 3.70- it's as simple as that. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

As the previous poster mentioned, you can go back and try talking to your prof about altering your final mark. It may make a difference; it may not, but if you're in that boat, you really have nothing to lose by trying, especially if you are on the cusp in terms of the OMSAS GPA system (ie: with a mark of 79 looking to move to 80, or a 76 looking to move to a 77).

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest Mazd A Mino

Thanks for all of your replies.

I would consider going and speaking to a prof., but the problem is that my 3.69 gpa year was 2 years ago, and I dont really think anything can be done at this point (if you know of any cases where a grade was changed after 2 year, please share).

I guess I'll either have to forget about Western, or consider doing a 5th year (trying to avoid the later option).

thanks again guys.

Archived