Premed 101 Forums

OOP

Guest AT2

I was wondering if any of the fellow OOP's received interview invites this year--if yes, could you please share your stats? I myself was slapped last week with a white envelope, and now I am trying to figure out if I should even bother next year..

I have a BA (psych, but many science courses), GPA 3.89. I know I could always work on my essay questions, but I am not sure if my stats are strong enough to begin with..

Thanks and congrats to those who got an invite this year!

Guest Biochem10

Hi, I also got slapped with a white envelope, BUT I have a friend in my class who received an interview invite, she's OOP and she's got similar stats to yours. I highly doubt your GPA is the problem, definetly the sketch questions. I encourage you to apply again, I will be, that is if I don't get in somewhere else this year. I didn't give 100% of my effort in those sketch questions and I knew that, next time I'll take more time answering those questions.

Guest cassica

Hi AT2, I for some reason I got an OOP invite with a cGPA of 3.8 and essays which were not spectacular. I think the key to the essays is being unique. I filled mine with lots of quotes and some juicy personal stuff that i don't even tell friends. BTW, does anyone know if Mac has alloted seats for OOP. Also, how many OOPs get interview invites. Good luck to everyone!

Hi Cassica,

thanks for the reply. Mac adm told me that they do not have quotas for OOPs, but according to their stats (look up the website), number of those admitted was never larger than 10. Go figure. On the bright side, they told me that once you've got your interview invite, you are in the general pool.

Best of luck!

ps: are you in the BSc or BA program? Thanks.

Archived