Premed 101 Forums

INTERVIEWS FOR MAC CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!

Guest Lynlloyd

Guest Lynlloyd

I just called the MD admissions office and they have decided to cancell interviews for tomorrow and re-schedule for next weekend.

It does depend on where you live so if you live within reasonable travel distance, then re-scheduling will happen for next weekend.

If you are travelling from afar, they are working on a plan to try and accommodate for this weekend.

If in doubt...call and check. (905) 525-9140 ext. 22235.

I can't beleive we have to wait another week!!!!!

Lynlloyd.

Guest doctorfunk

This is true. I just called, and was told that my interview tomorrow has been cancelled. In fact, the entire university is closed.

Expect to hear from the admissions office by the middle of next week about what their contingency plan will be.

Guest VwDubber

It is around 3 pm now and I have not received my "DO NOT COME TOMORROW FOR YOUR INTERVIEW" call from Mac, nor have I seen any mention of this on their website.

Yes, I know the weather outside is harsh, but .... we live in a climate zone where we've been through worse storms than this over the last few months. I am having a hard time understanding why tomorrows interviews MUST be RESCHEDULED because it was indicated on the interview offer letter:

"

TO ENSURE THAT THE INTERVIEW PROCESS RUNS SMOOTHLY AND TO ALLOW FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF DELAYS BEYOND YOUR CONTROL, (ie. weather, traffic, etc.), WE SUGGEST THAT IF YOU ARE FROM OUTSIDE THE HAMILTON AREA YOU ARRIVE IN HAMILTON AT LEAST A DAY EARLY"

Anyhow, thanks for letting us know Lynlloyd.

VDub-

gti.jpg

Guest jmh2005

I just got a call from a friend on the admissions committee...as of now as Lyn stated above, the interviews are cancelled...HOWEVER it sounds like some interviews will go on for those who have travelled in, ie. from Van and other far away places WHO ARE ALREADY IN HAMILTON....

This is all I know....if I hear anything, I will post ASAP!!

Guest Hazey313

I will confirm that the interviews are cancelled for tomorrow.

I was supposed to be interviewing in the morning, but after calling the MD office about an hour ago, they told me not to bother coming in.

I too am a little concerned that nobody seems to be contacting the potential interviewee's to let them know this news. I know of others interviewing tomorrow, and they have also not been contacted about this matter.

*sigh* Looks like one more week of nervousness and anticipation!

Guest Lynlloyd

Hi Vw,

I completely agree with you. I too am a little frustrated that they have been cancelled.

I'm hoping that they will call and notify all interviwees.

TTFN from a continuing to be nervous Lynlloyd.

Guest macdreams

The answering machiene I heard said that they'll be in the office late tonight. So I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard anything yet. It will probably take a great deal of time to notify all those scheduled for tomorrow and Sun. Please don't be too worried :)

(If, on the other hand, you WANT to cancell and not re-book an interview, please let them know ASAP... as a few of us waitlisters are still doing just that, waitin :rolleyes )

Thanks!

md :D

Guest jmh2005

They are holding interviews for those people who are in town and want to be interviewed...I just called there and spoke to Dr. Nahimas, especially those who travelled in...i.e shelleyrn...

OTHERWISE, interviews will be held next weekend April 12th and 13th...

They are there answering the phone if you have questions, despite the closure of the university...905 525 9140 x22235.

Take care

Guest Lynlloyd

Hi jmh2005,

thanks for keeping us up to date. When you say "those who want to be interviewed"...does that apply to anybody or only those from out of town?

I live in Oakville and just want to get it over with!!:)

Thanks.

Guest jmh2005

Lynlloyd,

You may want to call them and just say that you are local... and that you can make it, they may just want those who have flown in, I really can't say...they will need at least 6 people to interview because they need to have simulated tutorials...this whole process has been an absolute nightmare for the admin...

It is definately worth a call...the number is posted above...they may just tell you to come in, but they may also say that you can come in next weekend just as easy...sorry, I guess my post wasn't that helpful...

I live here in Oakville too and have been out today...it is so slippery, I don't know what the QE is like, but if you want to interview, please call them...

Best of luck with whatever happens...

Jess

Guest Hazey313

Yes thank you jmh2005,

Its nice to keep informed of any new developments.

I agree with Lyn though, if they are allowing people to come in for the interview tomorrow, I would rather get it over with. Next weekend will be right in the middle of exams :eek

Having said that I am unaware of the present conditions on 'route 401'.

Guest Lynlloyd

Thanks Jess,

I'll give them a call just in case.

I know it's crazy out there but given a choice I'd still rather go for it tomorow.

I can't beleive what the adcomm has been though this year. First SARS and the change of venue and now this. I do feel sorry for all those folk on the organizing end of things.

Thanks for your fast response :) .

Lynlloyd.

Guest Lynlloyd

Just to let you all know,

I called and asked if those who wanted to be interviewed tomorrow could be accommodated.

They said that they are trying to re-book as many as possible for next week but have some spaces for tomorrow as a new venue has been found.

I'm booked in for 10:00am and they will be held at the Hamilton Spectator Building.

Now I can ratchet up the adrenalin again!!!:eek

Guest jmh2005

What a roller coaster ride!!! Well, I'm happy that you could be accomodated, that's great!!

They've moved the venue again, to the spec?? I hadn't heard that one!!! Wow, this has been one crazy week with SARS and now the weather...

Well, good luck Lynlloyd, knock their socks off!!

Jess

Guest Hazey313

Good luck Lyn, I wish you all the best tomorrow.

I think I might end up waiting until next weekend, the weather is getting alot worse down here in London, and I don't really think its worth the risk to rebook for tomorrow and then not be able to make it down.

The administration should be congratulated for accomodating those who have travelled a long way, and who have had to deal with many other issues involving changes of venue.

Anyone who is still interviewing tomorrow, best of luck to you all, and I hope things go smoothly in the new building.

Ian

Guest SireWire

I was supposed to fly out from Vancouver this morning, but of course it was cancelled due to the weather. I found out while I was waiting at the gate.

I called and left a message with McMaster admissions at the number above. They called me within the hour and told me that interviews were being postponed until next weekend. When they first called me back, they told me to make whatever travel arrangements I could. Then depending on what I could do, they would let me choose my interview date/time.

Anyways, I was able to reschedule my travel plans, and I called McMaster back and they will try to keep my Sunday morning interview @ 6:45 am but on the 13th instead of the 6th.

So, I guess I have another whole week to stress out. YIPEEE!

Anyways, good luck to anyone else who has to rearrange travel plans.

Guest Lynlloyd

Thanks for all your good wishes.

Good luck to all who are interviewing either this week or next. At least I'll get to see what the Hamilton Spectator Building looks like!!

Maybe I'll get a free newspaper!!!!

Lynlloyd.

Guest jmh2005

Just one more update...

They are calling ALL applicants who are supposed to interview this weekend and attempting to get a live person to either reschedule or to get a contact number for the applicant if they have already arrived in the Hamilton area. I can assure you EVERYTHING possible is being done to accomodate those who are in the region and for those who could not make it (as sirewire said...). Do not worry! The process is going to be exactly the same for all applicants regardless of date/time or your situation. The admin has done a fantastic job to ensure the process is fair for everyone involved...

If you are travelling, travel safe, this weekend or next...take care,

Jess

Guest carletongirl

They really are doing a great job at Mac. I got a call about a half hour ago that they would be rescheduling for next weekend. They asked if this was ok for me. And they will be calling back on Monday or Tuesday to let us know what time our interview is scheduled for.

For all of you in T.O. and the surrounding area, you can now pity those of us in Ottawa who will be receiving a joyful 25-30 cm of snow and ice pellets in the next 24 hours!!

Guest misagh

Hello all,

I just got off the fone with the admissions office. They were extremely helpful and pleasant, considering the task ahead of them! I think they deserve a huge high 5.

Same info as has already been shared... tomorrow some of the out of province/out of town interviews will be conducted. Interviews for this Sunday have been cancelled.

This coming Monday and Tuesday, the office is hoping to have finalized its schedule for next week. As jmh2005 mentioned, everything possible is being done to accomodate us.

Take care everyone, looks like we're all sitting tight together for another week...

Hang in there everyone, I just got called to be rescheduled for next weekend. My interview was to be for tomorrow. They said that they would inform me in the middle of the week to let me know the specific time and date. I just also wanted to say how impressed I am with Mac students and administration. It's little things like getting back to us about our interview invites in a timely manner (given the volume of applicants), the great Mac moderators on this board and now their handling of this weather situation that really puts Mac a cut above the rest. Kudos to Mac!

Guest sporter1992

I didn't receive any calls from MAC today and my interview was scheduled for tommorow. I just called them as a result of reading this message board, and they confirmed that it was cancelled.

I just checked all my phone logs, and nothing was there.

Thanks to all the folks who posted this important information.

Guest toothyhuh

Hi everyone, so I decided to call Mac and ask them whether my interview on Sunday was a go go go! Well, its not.

They first asked me where I was from (GTA) and then told me the University would closed this weekend, and asked me if Apr 12 or 13 was good for me. I said yes. They took my name, phone number and told me I'd get a call Monday or Tuesday to confirm when my interview's at.

Also, if you prefer either the Saturday or the Sunday, let them know, I did.

Archived