Premed 101 Forums

Interview date form

Guest cradlecrotch

Guest macdaddyeh

I got that form today, but the form does not ask what your preferred dates are, rather it asks you to indicate a date which you can not attend if you are granted an interview (and a bunch of other extraneous info).

Hope this helps..Good luck

It says to mark which interview dates don't work well, but it has to be retured to the admissions office by the end of January - this is before interview invites from all schools are sent out.

If I'm expecting 3-4 interview invites from other schools, how am I supposed to know what dates are going to work or not? and what if we find out later that there's a conflict? Do ontario med schools try not to schedule their interview weekends on the same dates as other schools?

Peachy,

If the geographical status that they have assigned you is correct, and you don't need to advise them of a problem with the interview dates or provide them with a contact name, then no ... you don't need to return the form.

:)

Jane

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

Hey guys!

As I had initially thought, Mac has assigned me as an Ontario Resident although I am applying across Canada as a NS resident (they should really put a place on COMPASS that allows you to indicate what provincial residency you would like). They said that I should indicate and explain the discrepancy using that reisdency form they just sent. I'm on it right now, but don't know how to explain why I would like the change.

~JZ

Guest TimmyMax

Hey there, batman,

I know for a fact that the Ontario schools do communicate with each other regarding interview weekends and try to coordinate things such that candidates don't have to be in two places at once. Of course, sometimes conflicts do occur for whatever reason, and the schools are usually very good about rescheduling (except Mac). So I wouldn't worry about it too much. OOP schools are another story, unfortunately. Not sure about their policies, but I'm sure that they are pretty reasonable about things, too!

Best of luck!

Timmy

Archived