Premed 101 Forums

Mcmaster's Bachelor of Health Sciences

Guest Shidi

Guest bad hombre

bubba,

thanx for the advice, but i'm already a second year bio kid at queen's, and loving everything about the school here.

smiley kitty,

I hope we haven't offended you with our skepticism. best wishes for you in the applications process, whether it be this year or next year i'm unsure. and its true, we do have quite a few 'smart dumb' people here at queen's as well. cheers

Guest SmileyKitty

Merry Christmas everyone.=)

Resident of Quebec, may be I have a house there. What if...hmmmm...Is it possible that I can be a resident in Ontario and Quebec? I think so.

I'm not even worried, worry about yourself, not me.

Guest Ian Wong

Hi SmileyKitty,

I don't think that claiming provincial residency in multiple provinces is a good idea. If you have other premed insights that you think might benefit your application, I'm sure that the other premed students here would love the additional advice.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SmileyKitty

MacMedyear3 or whatever your name is, it doesn't matter, well start hating.

Coz I'm almost definite that I will get in, somewhere. (My father is a faculty member of the faculty of medicine in a particular University. Not to mention that my mother is a surgeon.)

But whether or not I want to be a doctor, well that's another story, I like research.

So I might just go for an M.D./ Ph.D at say, U of T? Or may be not.

Guest cheech10

And the award for worst post of the year goes to.....SmileyKitty!

That attitude is just ridiculous. Ok, you've got marks, MCATs, parents in helpful spots, but when you make posts like the previous one, your immaturity shines right through. You're not the only one with high marks and MCATs and I suggest you pay more attention to the accounts of those who had high marks and were rejected. With arrogance like that, you may well find yourself in a similar situation.

And am I the only one who finds this ridiculous: "My father is a faculty member of the faculty of medicine in a particular University. Not to mention that my mother is a surgeon."? If that has a significant effect (and it's likely naive to think it has no effect), I think it's sad.

Guest Ian Wong

Hi SmileyKitty,

Your posts have had a bit of an inflammatory nature to them, and I don't know if this is intentional or not. In either event, please temper down your postings in the future. Thanks, and I wish you a good year 2002.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest kidflipp

Wow the immaturity that's out there.

Nice demo of how NOT to behave during the interview Slimey Kitty. Perhaps you dad (at McGill....Haha the cat is out of the bag!) will help you out!!!

In acuality I don't think that even your dad will get you in. By making that very suggestive point you have really shown us something about your ethics (My dad is in the faculty and my mom is a surgeon).

Well honey the interview is all ethics and you my friend are toasted oats!!!!!!

McGill med student yr1

Guest strider2004

Ian,

I can't believe you've made 1429 posts. That's insane!

As for SmileyKitty, you probably will make into med school somewhere. I can understand how it's easy to get defensive when everyone is cutting you down. It's really difficult to see someone's true personality through quick 5 or 6 line messages spread over a couple of weeks. Let's everyone calm down and we'll do this again on more level footing.

Guest Ian Wong

Now that I think about it, I believe this thread has pretty much run its course. And yeah Strider, that's a hell of a lot of posts, come to think of it...

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Archived