Premed 101 Forums

commute from TO-carpool?

Guest dubliner

Guest dubliner

Hey all;

I know at least one person (MDWannabe) is planning on making the trek from the Big City. I'm trying to figure out the commute situation (i.e. train vs. drive etc.)

Thought I'd ask if anyone is interested in carpooling (not that I have a car that would work...but I'd be happy to split costs with someone if it works out). TO people may better ideas than mine on how to get to Mac daily. If so, please share!

cheers

dc

Guest MDWannabe

Hi Dubliner,

Glad to hear you're joining us! As you noticed, I've been a bit obsessive about getting something together. I'm committed to staying in Toronto for the time being because my wife and kids all have strong commitments here. I live in the Avenue/Eglinton area, and noticed that there are a couple of others not far away. On the other hand, I've been a bit quiet lately on this front because, after talking to some current Mac students, they suggest that it's pretty hard to coordinate the commute, even when you're in the same tutorial group. Everyone has a different schedule and different needs. Anyway, I'm still open to the idea and I'd be happy to talk about it in August!

Looking forward to meeting you!

Guest dubliner

good thoughts...well, maybe something can be worked out either there or back if we need it on certain days...snow, trains stopped, etc.

I'm also definitely staying in Toronto.

Look forward to seeing you in August;

cheers

dc

Guest UWOMED2005

BTW - I have a classmate who commuted to London from Waterloo, which I think is the same distance as Hamilton from T.O (maybe less traffic.) So it's totally doable.

Good Luck.

Archived