Premed 101 Forums

GPA Cut-offs for next year's PT application cycle

Hi folks,

Just doing some calculations for my GPA to try to figure out how many classes I should take this upcoming year (I will be upgrading post-graduation). Some of the school's websites aren't updated to the most recent GPA cut-offs for this past year. So I'm hoping to compile what we know based off this forum. So far I know:

• Queen's just increased their cut-off after everyone applied to 3.68
  • Toronto increased their cut-off to 3.83 I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't really have much info for OOP but if anyone has some stats feel free to add them here. I'm looking for info on Western and Mac. Thanks.

21 hours ago, NorthernOntarioGal said:

Hi folks,

Just doing some calculations for my GPA to try to figure out how many classes I should take this upcoming year (I will be upgrading post-graduation). Some of the school's websites aren't updated to the most recent GPA cut-offs for this past year. So I'm hoping to compile what we know based off this forum. So far I know:

• Queen's just increased their cut-off after everyone applied to 3.68
  • Toronto increased their cut-off to 3.83 I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't really have much info for OOP but if anyone has some stats feel free to add them here. I'm looking for info on Western and Mac. Thanks.

Mac is usually the same or a 0.01 point GPA difference from U of T. This is obviously subject to change but the cutoffs for last cycle were both 3.83.

• 4 weeks later...

No last cycle of u of T was 3.82 as I was offered admission. 

Made the Mac mmi off waitlist with 3.82 but no offer.

queens did say they were increasing cut off to 3.68 but from my PT class (just started queens) I get the feeling that most are sig. above that unless they have something really special going for them ie: some people have masters in kin or neuroscience

Archived