Premed 101 Forums

number of applicants ???

Guest erinsmom2bmd

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I have no clue as to the exact number, and it will be interesting to hear the offical report, but from other information available out there it sounds like it will be a fair increase.

Thinking out loud: given that the number of applicants to Ontario schools has increased this year by 669 (per the Toronto Star article earlier this month), and the numbers at Queen's and Western are down, it sounds like around 900-1000 "extra" candidates are divided between Ottawa, Toronto and McMaster. If it is true that the numbers have decreased at Western and Queen's due to earlier availability of MCAT scores, then application numbers to Toronto may be impacted by similar decreases. In that case, then an even higher number of these "extra" candidates (beyond 900-1000) may exist to select McMaster or Ottawa. Given that it is unlikely that Ottawa would be receiving the full bulk of the extra applicants, especially since their academic cut-offs are stated in black and white as being higher than those of McMaster, the additional number of applicants to McMaster may conservatively be anywhere from 400-700.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Aneliz,

Thanks for your response. Interesting stuff and amazing to potentially see the impact of speedier delivery of MCAT results. Do you have any idea where UofT's number is sitting this year?

Incidentally, how are you enjoying the Admissions Rep post? What sorts of activities does it involve at UWO? I ask as it's a role that I quite fancy trying on once on "the other side".

Cheers,

Kirsteen

I believe that they are down ~100 applicants from last year.....I did see the exact number but I have forgotten it! Sorry..... I know that Queen's is down the most, then UWO and then UofT.....

Archived