Premed 101 Forums

Letter from OMSAS

Guest nicolekavita

Guest nicolekavita

I received a letter from OMSAS today- asking me to verify my info (including GPA and References) - anyone else received such a letter?

Nicole (Toronto)

PS even though I know it is early for the interview letters to be send out, my heart skipped a few beats when I saw the letter. :o

Guest macdaddyeh

Hi Nicole:

I got the letter too. Does anybody know out there if we need to or if we should contact OMSAS or MAC if our GPA has gone up as a result of finishing this semsester? Or do they only take into account the information on hand up to the time of application and not beyond?

The discerning Macdaddyeh wants to know....

:rolleyes

Guest jmh2005

Hi guys,

The letter you are likely referring to is just a 'verification' letter, just telling you that they have received all your transcripts and your 3 referees letters. Last year you could also check this online, which I am assuming is the same as last year. Just make sure it says that they have received all documents "yes" will be beside the item if they have it...if it says "no" then you need to call OMSAS to check (this happened to me last year, and it was not my fault!).

I don't believe that your GPA will be adjusted if you are currently in course, only if you are unsuccessful this year and re-apply will your current marks be incorporated.

Hope this helps, but if you have any hesitation, call OMSAS directly!

Happy holidays, we start them tommorow and I can't wait!!!!!!!

J

Guest UWOMED2005

You will be required to submit a transcript AT THE END of this academic year (ie after the next semester, by June 30.) How the schools treat your marks for this year varies somewhat, but your marks from the first term won't do anything at all. My understanding is that for some of the schools you are okay as long as your year's gpa doesn't drop "significantly," but for UWO in fact you MUST keep this year's GPA above the cutoff or your offer of admission will be rescinded.

Don't know if JHM will be checking this board before she leaves for the holiday, so I'll answer the question for her.

Our two-week Christmas break starts tomorrow!!! It's rather exciting except for the fact that it's my group's turn to present to our subunit tomorrow morning.

Happy holidays, Everyone!!

aj

Guest jmh2005

Happy Holidays to all!!

Yes, we start holidays tommorow, which is very, very welcome to all of us burnt out 1st year students!!

I too have to present tommorow...just finished the last touches on the "complications of prosthetic valvular replacement"...should be fun!!

Hope to check the board every couple of days, unfortunately unlike some of my colleages, I'm not going too far!!

Take care all and good luck on the resp presentation AJ!

J

• 2 weeks later...

This has been covered on a different thread but for those of you that haven't seen it.....UWO is no longer looking specifically at your last year's GPA....(NEW this year!)...you now only need to have two years above the GPA cut...it doesn't matter what two years....and your last year doesn't necessarily have to be one of them....the only time when your admission offer will depend on your final year GPA (ie rescinded if you don't meet the cut-off) is if you currently only have ONE year that is above the GPA cut....if this is the case, if your final year is also below the cut than you don't meet the requirement of two years above the cut....hence offer is rescinded.....

Archived