Premed 101 Forums

Waiting for letters...

Guest DarcyChpmn

Guest DarcyChpmn

I Just had too,

this forum was way too ripe for the picken. I too am WAITING for the envelope that will most likely tell me my percentile ranking, and how many qualified individuals were not granted an interview etc. etc. You see, this is my third time, and I must say, it has been a heck of an education. The first time I applied I thought for sure I was in, NO ONE could have written better responses than I did. Boy was I in for a wake up. Not only did I not get an interview, I ranked in low 20th percentile. I could not believe what I was reading, it was like a death, I went through denial, anger, resentment, acceptance, etc. It was not a fun deal. I finally, after quite awhile, got back to working on my "Perfect" responses. The second time around I came closer, somewhere in the 80th percentile. I changed not the subject of my answers but the essence of myself within the responses(what ever that means). This time (the third) I am waiting with a some-what more reserved anticipation, the kind of response that will bring you one step closer. Whether it be an invitation or my "percentile ranking, and how many qualified individuals were not granted an interview etc. etc".

If you get that not so good response you are definitely not alone. It's Ok, Feel the pain, the rejection, and all that other stuff we hate, But KNOW

If You Want Medicine Enough You Will DO What You Need To Get There.

Sorry about the title of the thread I just couldn't resist

Edited the subject title just 'cause I couldn't resist either. :) -Ian

Guest Chieka

Darcy, you got me. ;) I already checked the mailbox obsessively today, and I was trying to figure out what was going on.

I have a feeling that the mods will change your thread title though, so enjoy it while it lasts. :)

Anyhow, I admire your tenacity; it will hopefully be rewarded this application cycle.

C.

Guest therealcrackers

Chieka,

why would we change the title? >: I'm finished exams and feeling good, but a lot of people are feeling pretty stressed right now over exams :eek , letters :eek :eek , green cheese falling from the sky :rolleyes , Iraq, Iran, Iman, you name it. I SAY LEAVE IT UP:D ! People need to realize that a little humour goes a long way:b . That's not to say put a pie in the face of your interviewer...

PS. Go Bagels! is a synonym for UWO Med 2, Moderator. Ian was having a little fun...

Guest Dannyboy

Hey Darcy. I am just curious, what does:

"I changed not the subject of my answers but the essence of myself within the responses(what ever that means)"

mean? It's such an interesting mix of words, phrases, and ideas that you've presented so I'd like to know more....

Good luck with your appl.

Guest Chieka

Therealcrackers, I figure mods would change title because past behaviour = best predictor of future behaviour. Check out this thread:

pub125.ezboard.com/fpreme...=270.topic

And I must be a pretty good psychologist, 'cause Ian did do some editing. ;)

C.

P.S. Why not English muffins? They are so often neglected, you know...

Archived