Premed 101 Forums

Any letters in TO yet?

Guest PDSP

Like many other Torontonians, I eagerly await the arrival of my beloved federal employee, otherwise known as the "postie". I thought I would start this thread as a place to collate messages regarding both the joyous and introspective responses.

And as the great Gretzky says,

"You'll always miss 100 percent of the shots you do not take."
So, for those of us facing some personal reflection time today, we'll have to keep shooting for our dream.

Good luck to all!

PD

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

Hey guys,

as of this morning I did not receive anything in Richmond Hill. Gotta get my mom to go to my dad's office, get the mailbox key, and go home to check the mail for me, cause I will be at work until 8pm, and an so on edge that I'm having a hard time at getting anything done here at work...and it's not like I have any shortage of stuff to work on :)

Hope the interview fairy comes today. Oh, and I am still a firm believer that McMaster should contract the Harry Potter owls to deliver their letters for them!

~JZ

macdaddyeh,

TO, but I think Dannyboy is "off-line" for the next week.

BTW Sorry to hear that your mailbox held no news for you. You seem to have quite the cheering crowd! Good luck.

PD

Guest erinsmom2bmd

Hi Guess Whoz Bizzak. It's great to know someone else is applying from Richmond Hill (and posting on this board). I too have not received anything yet. I'll be heading home from work a little early today (~ 4pm) to check the mail. If I receive anything, I'll be sure to let you know that the mail has finally come our way! As you've probably read in another thread, mail has been received from Mac in Thornhill. So, it shouldn't be long! Hope there's a big brown envelope waiting for you!

Guest macdaddyeh

Just talked to a Mac applicant friend who lives in downtown Toronto (she doesn't post on this site). She too has not heard anything:( Maybe it's just the big bureacratic disaster of mailing to a megalopolous! I knew amalgamation wasn't a good move...

If any Hogtowners hear today, let us know;)

Guest macdaddyeh

G8M8T:

Again, I am very sorry to hear of your situation and firmly hope that you have chances elsewhere; if not, please apply again cuz I know ya will!

One final question PLLLEEEEEEZZZZZZ--Where do you reside? (Where in TO, that is)

Guest MedsWannabe

Hello,

My letter isn't here yet, but i'm in residence in TO and our mail doesn't show up until 4 pm (so of course I'm skipping out on work and experiments today!)...

BUT a fellow MSc student who lives downtown TO already got his rejection letter this morning, so they must be out in the toronto area...

*sigh*

Guest MedsWannabe

I live in graduate residence in TO, and our mail system is soooo s l o w, and I am getting desperate waiting for my mailbox to fill up. I just offered to help them sort the mail down there, and they told me to go away :\

I've only heard bad news today from fellow grad students-- someone, share some good news?

Guest VwDubber

Hi,

I live in the west end of the city (Etobicoke) and I received my envelope from Mac today. Keep checking those mailboxes !!!

Good Luck to everyone who's still waiting to hear ;)

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

VwDubber....hopefully you're rollin' on dubs in a sick VW with an interview letter in your hand. Was it an interview letter you got, or a thinvelope? If the former, we finally got some more good news guys, and have broken out temporary slump.

~JZ

Hi,

Since I started this thread, I should indicate that I received an invite to Mac. I live downtown Toronto. To those of you who have yet to hear --- Good luck. :P

PD

Guest mumfirst

G8M8T - So sorry to hear about your thinvelope. I know how you feel, I got one last year. Hopefully you have other interview options out there.

PDSP & VwDubber - Congrats! What a great feeling that must be!!!

I'm still waiting for the dog sleds to bring our mail out to us. :lol

Guest Bone Gal

Hi MedsWannabe!

I bet you I have probably ran into you before in GH. I lived there for only about 8 months before moving back into my parents' home. I was one of the first ones to live there, when we had to pay full rent, and there were no furniture in the suite or toilet in the bathroom! But I believe that it is better now. A few of my friends live in that building who I play vball with......small world!

A.

Guest MedsWannabe

My suitemate heather plays every possible type of vball that GH has.... you probably know her :) I bet I have met you-- I've been to a lot of the vball outings because of the fact that my suitemate plays on so many teams.... :)

Guest Bone Gal

Oh my goodness! I play on the GH team with heather. We finished first in our pool so we are heading into playoffs next week. Cool. I guess I will be seeing you around!

A.

Archived