Premed 101 Forums

Anyone in the great TO not hear from Mac yet?

Guest MedsWannabe

Guest MedsWannabe

Did anyone in TO *not* get any Mac mail yet? I'm starting to worry-- and I hate waiting over the entire weekend.

Grrr....

Guest sir charles

misery loves company... i'm in b.c. and have not received word either! yet many b.c.'ers have heard... the weekend's almost over. hang tight. oh, and call mac monday to check they have your correct address (that's my brilliant plan)...

Guest mumfirst

I say no news is good news!! Can't imagine having to wait the entire weekend but think of it as practice for the time you are going to have to wait between interviews and June! :D Good luck come Monday.

Guest macdaddyeh

Your package will eventually get there (likely monday). Maybe there is SOME truth that bigger packages take longer to travel?;)

Guest MedsWannabe

hehe, I wish that longer packages thing was true-- my obsessed pre-med friend called the postal service to ask about the travel time of thinvelopes and thickvelopes, and they said that it wasn't true. Although, they also thought she was psycho and nuts, so perhaps they just wanted her off the phone :) hehe...

I've been rejected from every single Ontario school as of now, and mac is my last hope. Although, I've been rejected from Mac twice before, so we'll see. I'm your typical grad student, publications, cut-off GPA and MCATs.. so I'm nothing special with life experience that mac wants. I'd just rather have my thinvelope than agonize all weekend. I've been camped out at my appt's mailboxes for the latter half of last week...

But thanks for the encouragement! ! ! I am secretly hoping the thickvelope travel time thing is true!!!

Guest sir charles

that's so funny... i was actually thinking of calling the post office BUT had not yet figured how to approach the question without sounding like a nutso. anyway, i have to go to a local post office right now for other postal business. i will be neurotic and confirm this thickvelop/ thinvelope/ bigvelop/ smallvelop conundrum... i know the people who work there and hopefully they know i'm not crazy... but crazy people usually don't know they're crazy... i don't think i'm crazy... sorry about the "bad" news MedsWannabe. hang in there. the fat lady hasn't sung yet...

:D

Guest macdaddyeh

Don't all premeds fit somewhere on the "crazy" continuum?:P

I hope then that you're "crazy" enough to believe the bigvelope takes longer!!!!

Guest MedsWannabe

lol, you'll have to update us, sircharles, on what your postal connections revealed....

And yes, I believe that we're all crazy-- especially in these times of waiting ;)

Guest sir charles

okay, so the posties confirmed that big and little envelopes travel at the same speed. but maybe if a few people together "believe" that larger letters travel slower, maybe the belief will be true??? well, one more sleep MedsWannabe...

Guest sir charles

hey MedsWannabe,

i'm assuming u r out east (TO i think?) anywho, my mail arrives around 10:30 pst (1:30 est). u will probably know sooner than me. good luck. i was less anxious friday (when i expected to hear)... :(

Guest macdaddyeh

Medswannabe:

I was rooting for you. I'm :( to hear the news, but from the tone of your post you don't seem too upset. I hope you have other options available!:)

Take care and best wishes as you pursue your dreams...

Guest Bone Gal

MedsWannabe,

Sorry about the thin envelope. I was totally following your posts to see if you got an invite! I didn't get an invite either, so I will be letting out some steam on the volleyball court with Heather tonight, we are in playoffs as you know :)

I don't know if you applied for other schools but I wish you the best of luck! I am still waiting to hear back from another school and the wait is totally driving me bonkers.

All the best,

A.

Archived