Premed 101 Forums

Photograph required

Guest mumfirst

Guest mumfirst

Does anyone know why we are required to provide a passport -size photo for our file? At first I thought that maybe it was for some sort of security (eg. same person who was interviewed successfully is actually the person who shows up in August) but there are so many other means of photo identification. Just call me overly analytical but I'm just curious!

Guest grandmellon

I've heard of this before... they take your photo and run it through the CPIC and the worldwide police database to make sure that you don't have any outstanding warrants. It would be such a waste for them to give you admission if you are a secrete foreign spy :hat

;) Or it could be as peachy put it... they just want to remember who you are later...

Guest Dannyboy

You are actually all totally wrong--Mac likes the world to think that they are looking for the most well-rounded, compassionate, best-suited-to-be-drs people BUT what they really want IS THE PRETTIEST PEOPLE. So, make sure you are looking extra Rachel Welch hot (does that disproportionate # of women at Mac make any more sense now?). That see-through office blouse doesn't seem like such a bad idea for your interview now does it? Work it HARD.

Guest MayFlower1

Daaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyybbbbbbbbbbooooooooooyyy!

Now I know why I keep getting rejected from Mac! I knew I shoulda taken some more estrogen! Darn it.

Peter

Guest carletongirl

Actually guys, I was thinking that Mac might want this also for the simulated tutorial...the one where you are with some other med school candidates. This way, when they are looking at you from their one-way mirror, they know who is who.

Guest grandmellon

Carleton girl... sounds plausible, however that is way too logical! :rollin

Never worn a blouse, skirt or thigh-high (whatever that is...) so this should be interesting! :eek What am I supposed to do Peter? :eek I've got the look: :hat

Guest shelleyrn

shiny boots that go up to, you guessed it, to the thighs..a la pretty woman.....usually accompanied with a 4-6 inch heel....in case you were wondering...lol

;)

Guest Dannyboy

If I could pull off the look WITHOUT grossing everyone out, I'd so be there with ya! Is there anyone else out there who is totally relieved that we only have to provide a head shot? Perhaps I should use a word other than "head" since there might be the odd male invited for an interview. Ummmmmmm....passport picture, that's the more p.c. phrase. Yes..........

Archived