Premed 101 Forums

3rd year-too young???

Guest uwoheather

Guest uwoheather

hi guys,

i'm a new user and i had an interview at mac on the first day, and it went really well, but i am concerned that the fact that i am only in third year is a huge strike against me even if i did do really well on interview day.....i know there is nothing that i can do about this, but it is kind of disheartening because i would LOVE to go to mac this year!! i can't help but feeling like i don't have a chance because i am in 3rd year and not done honours....does anyone know how much consideration age is given in general?

thanks a lot

Guest Lynlloyd

Hi uwoheather,

I am certainly not the authority here, but I think if your age and level of academic preparation was a factor...it would have already played against you prior to interview. Having been invitied for an interview suggests that you are on level playing field with all other interwiewees.

Good luck, Lynlloyd.

Guest macMDstudent

Check out the class stats at this link:

www.fhs.mcmaster.ca/mdpro...ection.htm

You will be in the running as more than 30% of the last two years classess were still a degree in progress. This should neither be a positive or a negative now that you've had your interview. You are an applicant who meets the criteria and your scores in each component of the process will determine if you get accepted.

Guest WesternGirl

Hi uwoheather,

There are quite a few people in my class who got in after three years of undergrad. So you don't need to worry about. It will not work against you at this point of the process.

Archived