Premed 101 Forums

It's all over... for this year.

Guest macdreams

Guest macdreams

Hey guys,

I finally got up the nerve to call Mac and ask if they're going to be making ANY more waitlist calls this week. Unfortunately, the answer is no. |I

Oh well, better luck next year. I am still very glad that I made it this far... "it's an honour just to be nomminated" :P I wish everyone with an interview this weekend (esp. those who made it off the waitlist and into a spot in time!!) the best of luck :)

macdreams

P.S. I'm still coming out to all the remaining practice seesions, though. It's not like I won't be reapplying ;)

When I was just a little girl,

I asked my parents, "What will I be?

Will I be a doctor?

Will I go to Mac?"

Here's what they said to me:

"Que sera, sera,

Whatever will be, will be;

The future's not ours to see.

Que sera, sera,

What will be, will be." :rollin

Guest Lynlloyd

I'm so sorry to hear that macdreams. Keep trying.

You committment shines through and I'm sure you will find success next year. See you tonight!

Lynlloyd.

Guest VwDubber

Hey MD (nice initials ..hahaha) :D ,

Remember positive thoughts! If I were you, I would show up on Sat (you know the time and place), and tell them your situation. Explain to them that you're eager and ready. There is a good chance someone will not be attend last minute (but won't call to cancel), and given that you're on the waitlist and ACTUALLY there .. I don't see why they wouldn't let you fill in. Try the same thing again for Sunday too if Sat is a no go.

As for uhmm... thinking about attending Message Boards Anonymous... let's just say that I know what you're talking about. This is coming from someone who got a 46% in one course (OUCH) because they were addicted to online chatting. No moral judgments now plz .... hahaha :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p

See ya Thurs.

VDub-

Guest MayFlower1

Hey macdreams,

Keep on dreaming. Believe me, I know the disappointment of not getting in...it can really get to you...my only wish is that you aren't too hard on yourself. I'm hoping I don't have to be subjected to that again...it's just not any fun. Be assured that a positive attitude (like you obviously have), some good ol' introspection and an objective look at your application (which also won't be a problem for you, I'm sure) will bring about a different result next year.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you will continue to share your invaluable perspective and experiences within the forum.

Peter

Guest Blackbird15

Hey Macdreams,

don't let it get you down... the whole mac admissions process is so capricious that I doubt there's a huge difference between your application and that of those who got an interview. Next year, you'll get an interview and blow them away!

... and as for VDub's idea,... well, what have you got to lose?

keep at it!

Blackbird

P.S. I think I might need to attend message board anonymous too...

Guest macdreams

Hey Lynlloyd, VW, MayFlower and Backbird,

Thanks so much for the kind works. Rest assure I'm not about to give up :D (As my name implies) I've been dreaming about Mac for some time now... another year won't kill me :b

Best of luck to you all :D

m.d.

p.s. M.B.A. (message board an.) is a go, then. (How'd you like them initials, VW :lol )

p.p.s. VW, promise not to judge (:b ) but I had to delete ICQ from my computer last year 'cause I didn't have enough will power to just say no to incoming messages!!:rolleyes

Guest grandmellon

Hey Macdreams... go with the surprise attack and show up on saturday!!! That was my plan. You are ready for this so go ahead and run with it. hehehe

As for joining message board anon.. Count me in... I'm addicted!

hehe

;)

Guest macdreams

tee hee hee, mellonballs :P

unfortunately, I don't think I'll follow through on the proposed "just show up plan"... (although it is a great idea). mainly because I start exams really soon and can't really afford to spend a weekend lurking on the mac campus :D . also, i'm i think there might be a fine line between looking eager/committed and CRAZED/pissing-admin-off... not sure, though.

anyway, no more posting today for me. gotta go cold turkey (for a few hours at least!!)

thanks again for all your nice thoughts :)

m.d.

Guest Blackbird15

THis is actually my first interactive internet obsession... I never got into MSN, not sure what ICQ is, never posted at any other forums... Hmmm... there's just SOMETHING about the Mac forum and the intelligent, funny, interesting people who post here... or it could be that my work contract ended early last week and I am currently unemployed and have oodles of free time...

Blackbird

LOOK! the emoticons are loose and are running amok!

:rollin |I :x :\ :lol :rolleyes :lol :o >: :x 0] :evil :\ :eek :rolleyes

;):o >: :eek

Guest Lynlloyd

Oh my....Do I ever know what you mean about addicted to this forum!!

Probably 'cos this a fairly stressful time for all of us and at least we can truly relate to one another.

I need FA too (Forum Anonymous).

MAcdreams......as I said before...don't you dare give up on your dream. I KNOW you WILL make it in. Having met you....I truly beleive you have what it takes.

Lynlloyd.

Guest Dannyboy

Oh Blackbird, those emoticons are a bit scary....too delicate, am I.

Dearest Macdreams:

I wouldn't be that sure that Mac is not going to do any more interview calls---what is that line, "it isn't over till it's over" (that line scares me too---so when is something over? I need closure......).

I've heard polemic things about just "showing up" so, I don't know, as much as a want you to interview, it might look unprofessional. If you'd like I can leave a number for you if I can't make it---I would only know that about two hours in advance (sorry!).

For what it is worth I fortunately get to meet great people all the time but you really impressed me with your great attitude, wisdom (and gosh, you are so young...how did you get so wise?), intelligence, genuine sweetness...I could go on at length.

YOU ARE A GREAT CANDIDATE. You know you'll eventually get in. It is just a matter of time......

Can we offer any assistance with your application for next year??????????? What can we do to help???????

Guest jmh2005

Well, I just wanted to tell you all that you make me laugh...this tread is great!! :P

For those of you who weren't given interviews, please don't give up...I have said this before, many, many people in my class (including myself) needed a few applications before interviewing and getting in...:\

Just think of it as an opportunity to learn more, get more experience and enjoy your free time (travel....:smokin ) which I wish I had done before starting here... (there isn't too much of that currently...I need a vacation...big time!!! :eek )...The program may only be 3 years, but there is a reason for that...its jam packed!!! So enjoy your free time now, because it sounds like you all have what it takes, so you'll get there!!! :D

Best of luck to those who still have to interview...I'm offically getting the weekend off (at least off with interview stuff...:):):):):):):) )

Take care!!

Guest macdreams

geez, I SAID I wouldn't post anymore today... but Danny's comments just made me so happy (I'm blushing!! :o )... and I had to write :b

thanks everyone :) i've already started working on my app for next year (obsessed, much?!?!) but if anyone would like to volunteer to read the "old" version, i'd love it :D (perhaps, you could email me any time before Oct. 15th @ zophloph@icqmail.com and I'll send it to you :b )

you guys are a great group of people (*group hug* forum anon. style.) it's made the whole application process so much better to have this forum to talk to ya'll (and gerstein to meet @). thanks, to the AWESOME moderators, too :) you're words of wisdom and support have been invaluable.

now, i really must GO!! so much to do, and so many ways to procrastinate :D (wait, I didn't say that? question 12 "multiple demands" and question 13 "time management"... you didn't read that last comment from me :P )

m.d.

p.s. >: :x :P |I :hat 8o :):o

Guest macdreams

;) :rollin :( :rolleyes :lol :| 0] :evil :\ :eek :D :b :smokin back at you Blackbird!

p.p.s. thanks for the generous offer, Danny, but i think I better not show up if you can't, they may be suspicious (great idea thoughm, LOL!!)

Guest Blackbird15

so Macdreams, couldn't stay away, huh? This website is SO the devil...

Anyway, this is just to let you know that Blackbird's essay editing service is open for business (well maybe not 'business'... how about not-for-profit philanthropy). you can email me at blackbird195@yahoo.ca...

;) - there's something somewhat sleazy about this one... like that paperclip guy who always pops up in Word when you least need him and stays on the screen leering at you...

Guest macdreams

damn you blackbird... you MADE me respond (mostly 'casue I have to let you know that I really appreciate the offer and to tell you to expect an email from moi... but also that I will be suing you b/c i laughed at the sleazy smilie comment ;) , shot cereal all over my computer and am now going to be late for class so I can clean this mess up!!)

:rollin :b :rollin

now, THAT'S it!!! I must move on with my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest shelleyrn

FA=???

FA also is the diagnosis given to one who has consumed massive quantities of habaneros and corona..........:rollin :lol :o

(i digress)

Guest macdreams

Hey guys! macdreams (in her cabrio) here :b Man I've missed you all these past couple weeks :)

I had to cut myself off from the board for a bit (it was becoming an obsession for me... "refresh, reload, respond, refresh, reload, respond" LOL! :rollin ), then I had to write final papers (yick!) and now I'm in the midst of exams (sigh!). (Why oh why must U of T drag finals out for so much longer than ANY other school?! Most of my friends from other schools start their summer jobs this week!!) Anyway, I digress :rolleyes

Hope you all did an AWESOME job on you interviews (as I'm sure you did!) and that the wait isn't getting to you too much :P (I have some idea about how annoying waiting can be! :b )

Take care, everyone. And in the words of the terminator: I'll be baaack! Tee hee hee.

md

P.S. Thanks again to everyone who I met (or just wrote to!) in the course of preparing for the interview that wasn't. Your support was invaluable to me! (And I can't wait to use your good advice in my next ap.)

P.P.S. Thanks, Blackbird, for saying you'd edit my 15 ?s for me. As soon as I get my act together, I'll send them too you :) You're the best!!

P.P.S.S. I'm so glad you made the interview, Dannyboy! Hope things are going well for you :)

Archived