Premed 101 Forums

Citations in ABS (UWO)

Hi everyone!

I'm just finishing up the questions on my autobiographical sketch for Western and wondering if anyone knows whether we are supposed to have citations. IMO the second question calls for some research/factual support, but there's not a ton of room given we only have 1000 characters. Has anyone asked about this?

Thanks! 

7 hours ago, dentalber said:

Hi everyone!

I'm just finishing up the questions on my autobiographical sketch for Western and wondering if anyone knows whether we are supposed to have citations. IMO the second question calls for some research/factual support, but there's not a ton of room given we only have 1000 characters. Has anyone asked about this?

Thanks! 

For last year's, no citations were necessary for the essay questions. Verifiers were needed though for your activities

On 12/25/2017 at 0:35 AM, longhaul said:

For last year's, no citations were necessary for the essay questions. Verifiers were needed though for your activities

Quick question, do you know when/if the verifiers get contacted? Some of my verifiers often go out of the country and use a different number. 

7 minutes ago, ImASoldier said:

Quick question, do you know when/if the verifiers get contacted? Some of my verifiers often go out of the country and use a different number. 

I don't recall any of my verifiers being contacted. That being said, there is a possibility that your verifiers can be contacted so it would be best to inform them ahead of time. If UWO cannot contact your verifier they may contact another verifier of yours. The process of contacting verifiers is not made very clear and often is on a case-by-case basis.

Archived