Premed 101 Forums

Thunder Bay Interview - Questions about format and logistics!

Hello everyone!

I am a first-time applicant to NOSM and I had a few questions regarding NOSM's interview format and some logistics. 

I understand that NOSM uses MMI's but I could not find anything on their website or on this forum regarding the number of stations, length, rest stations, location of prompts etc. If anyone has any previous experience with NOSM's MMI format, I would love to hear a bit more about the process so I can become a bit more familiar with it! 

Next, I have never been up to Thunder Bay before so I would like any recommendations for accommodations in the area. I will be flying in and am planning on staying a night or so. I will probably be using the taxi the morning of (unless the accommodations are close to the Port Arther Health Centre), but I would love to know if there are any hotels or such that have shuttles to the airports. Also, I have heard that there will be a shuttle from the interview centre to NOSM afterwards so perhaps I should find someplace near the university? Any thoughts or guidance here would be appreciated!

Thank you for your help and good luck to everyone :)

Archived