Premed 101 Forums

Life as a Mac student...

Guest macdaddyeh

Guest nicolekavita

J,

Phew!! Thank you for clarifying. In my response to the question "What is your understanding of PBL?". I talked about PBL in boader terms than simply "problem solving". I used an example in my professional life to get my point across.

I am a bit paranoid now (I sometimes get up around 2am in the morning still thinking about my application!!! ):eek !

Thank you for calming my nerves.

Question: You said you were a therapist ...did you mean OT? I would love to hear about the journey that lead you to Mac.

Nicole

• 4 weeks later...
Guest macdaddyeh

Hi there all:

I'm a little bit confused with the terms clerkship, observership, internship, residency, specialty, elective, etc.:rolleyes

Are some of these terms interchangeable? When do they happen and in what order and what do they entail. Do you still study full time or part time while you carry out some of the above activities? In terms of Mac, since it's three years what is the timeline specifically for doing these things? Maybe a simple definition of each will help...For example, for the students/actors in the "MedStudents" show, what stage are they at?

(Carolyn I know you adressed this to some extent in a post under this heading, but I'm still a wee confused)....

Help:o

• 3 months later...
Guest jmh2005

Thought that I would bring this thread back up again...seeing as many people want to know the real details of Mac's program...the conversation does get a bit off topic at times, but I decided to keep the whole thread in tact...

Please see my response as well as Carolyn's (who just graduated!) and MDwannable's...his posts are especially relavent to those who may not have your typical science background...

Thanks K8ter...!

Good luck to waitlisters and those who have yet to decide, hope this provides some insight...

J

Archived