Premed 101 Forums

Click here if ACCEPTED and plan to attend Mac in September

Guest MACFORME

Guest MACFORME

Hey guys,

I thought I'd start this thread for members who were accepted and plan to attend McMaster in September.

If you feel comfortable, perhaps give your name, your educational background, and what you were doing this year (i.e. in school, working, volunteering).

Here's my info:

Name: Kashif

Educational Background: Just finished 4th year of Undergrad with an Academic Major in Economics

That's it. I would love to hear from the rest of you.

MFM

Guest shelleyrn

Hi there Kashif (macforme)!

Yes, I have just filled out my " I Accept" form, and will be attending Mac this Fall....Yahoo!

Name; Shelley

Ed.Bg: Bachelor of Nursing

In the nursing field for almost 17 yrs (yikes!)

Currently work in Public Health (Communicable Disease ie. Lovebugs

Run a Diabetic Foot Clinic as well

Relief work in Northern Manitoba (outpost nursing)

See you in August!!:hat

Guest mjs3

Hi there classmates!

Can't wait to meet you!

My name is Mary Jane and I just finished my 3rd year of Biology at UNB. Do volunteer work as well--mostly with Frontier College.

I am heading over to UNB now to "quit"!!! I am going to be a university drop-out! heehee, I can't wait!

See you soon! MJ

Guest SireWire

Name: Sean

Educational Background: Graduated with degrees in biology and communications from Chaminade University in Honolulu in 1998

Work Background: Was in the media industry (magazines/newspapers) mostly as a graphic designer/art director for the last several years

Currently: I've been working for the Canadian Diabetes Association and volunteering at Vancouver General Hospital and the Vancouver Aquarium for the last year.

Every morning I wake up, I have to remind myself that I got accepted to McMaster. :eek I just don't want to wake up and find out it was a dream. I did send in my acceptance forms on Tuesday, but I don't think it will truly sink in until the first day of class in August.

Can't wait to meet all of you fellow ezboarders. See you all there! :rollin

Guest Head Dawg

Name: Marc

Education: Leaving UW this year with a 3 yr. General Science Degree (formerly of the Honours Science and Business Co-op program)

Work Background: Many years as a lifeguard. Currently in a biochem lab at UW doing research on proteins (superoxide dismutase and hisactophilin) Other jobs as a lab technician and research assistant.

Currently: Counting the sleeps until classes start in the fall. VERY EXCITED! Also thinking about living accomodations and getting involved in school activities for the fall.

See you all soon!

Cheers

Guest Lynlloyd

Hi there,

I am unbelievably fortunate enough to have been accepted to Mac. I have accepted the offer!

Name: Karen

Background: BSc. Nursing

Work: currently public health

Years in critical care both adult and pediatric.

Can't wait to meet you all.

Guest MACFORME

Hey everyone,

Just realized that we have 3 gals and 3 guys coming to Mac from this board so far. Not a bad ratio for a school which is know to be heavily female biased ;-)!!!

Wohoo.

MFM

Archived